You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The dropdown "Go to Page" feature in publisher V2 is not working

LSDJE

The "Go to Page" feature in publisher V2 is not working (from drop down Menu.... Document~Go to Page) - you can pick the page - I hit enter - didn't work (just stayed on page it was on) - thought if I used the OK button in program it may work (although enter should work) that did not help - I can't get it to work for anything. I had a keyboard shortcut - deleted that - then retried - just can not get it work. It is a handy tool to use and do miss it working.

Perhaps I am missing something, any suggestion?

I am on Mac OS 12.6.2

Publisher 2.0.3

I have no extra hardware - this used to work on V1.

My hardware acceleration was ON - I tried switching it off - no change - still does not work.

Thank you - I hope this can be fixed!!   (or is it just me?)

thank you but I had actually already tried to enter twice - but it did not work.

This was my favorite way to get to a page - especially with a keyboard shortcut (I am a fan of shortcuts). 

It DID work in V1 - hopefully it gets fixed - VERY handy for me.

All the other "Page" functions in that dropdown still work (First Page, Previous Page, Next Page, Last Page - but not the Go to Page).

I like to keep both hands on keyboard - use keyboard shortcuts - whenever I can - I prefer not having to point/click on something if I can do it by keyboard  -  Just my way of doing things that I have become accustomed to love!

🙂

Doesn't work here either.

When I use this menu item, the dialog screen shows the page I'm on. When I'm on page 1 and click OK/press enter key Publisher jumps to the master page.

MacOS 12.6.2 Monterey.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

V1 works ok here in this respect. Also on Monterey.

There seem to be more issues with the V2 / Monterey combination.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

It doesn't work in 2.0.3 on macOS Ventura, either. The equivalent control at the bottom of the screen below the left studio works fine.

The problem seems to be related to masters. If I enter 200 nothing happens when I click OK or press Return. But if I enter a low number like 2 it will go to one of the master pages. Since this dialog changes to Go to Master when viewing a master, the issue is likely that it's interpreting the value entered as a master page reference.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Not working for me on Catalina either so it would seem to be a bug that affects all macOS versions that Affinity Publisher V2 supports.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "Document > Go To Page... fails" (REF: AFB-7104) has now been fixed by the developers.
This fix is included in build 2.1.0.1706 (or later) which is already available as a customer beta and will be included in the next release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.