You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shortcut from inside text box back to Move or Node

In my work flow in Illustrator I constantly used my left hand on the left of the keyboard (s, z, x, c, d, etc.) for quick tool selection. In Illustrator one has to use the space bar also. I have now replaced these AD shortcuts, except for a couple great Illustrator keyboard helps. 

One of these is when editing inside a text box in Illustrator I simply used my left thumb on the CMD key to change the cursor to Illustrator's "select" tool, and when I lifted my thumb I could go back to text editing. As far as I can see (and I may be wrong) the only way I can get from inside a text box back to then "move" or 'node" tools is go to the screen and it from the toolbox. Otherwise I have typed my shortcut in the text box. Is this correct? If so, then AD should think up one of their creative ways of doing this since one is always going back and forth from working elsewhere to the "move" or 'node" tools.

BTW, AD's technique of a simply click on the screen when nothing is selected to get back to the desired cursor is ingenious. Great idea when one gets used to it.