You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please respect the context in the context menu for nodes.

If the node type is Sharp, then the command "Convert to Sharp" should not be enabled, because it does not make sense and choosing the command will do nothing - therefore the item should be disabled.
image.png.4adf30f8ccc46b605fc602fa2f2f5a9b.png

If the node type is Smooth, then the command "Convert to Smooth" should not be enabled, because it does not make sense and choosing the command will do nothing - therefore the item should be disabled.
image.png.6f98057b7a8c81255266d09e105fea7e.png

Likewise for Smart.

Commands for manipulating individual Nodes (Convert to ...) could be separated by a delimiter from commands for manipulating with the Curve.

Although it is enough to press Delete to delete the selected Node, the Delete Node item in the context menu would also be useful.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I concur with all those suggestions.

I would also like to add that “Split curve after node” could probably be disabled when the last node of the curve is selected (unless that has some specific function that I’m unaware of).

Note: I don’t think this is the first time these things have been suggested, but I can’t be bothered to look for the previous suggestions (did a quick search  but couldn't find them).

I would also like to see one added to the segments between nodes, with options like straighten (adjust the control points of the nodes on either side such that they remain smooth nodes but the segment is straight) and bisect (add one or more nodes along that segment which are evenly spaced at perfect intervals along the segment's length).

• 4 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 6:37 PM, fde101 said:

I would also like to see one added to the segments between nodes, with options like straighten (adjust the control points of the nodes on either side such that they remain smooth nodes but the segment is straight) and bisect (add one or more nodes along that segment which are evenly spaced at perfect intervals along the segment's length).

I just found out that Alt+click (I guess, Option+click on Mac) does exactly that, so easier that using context menu.

2 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Alt+click (I guess, Option+click on Mac) does exactly that

Not quite exactly - this converts the end points to "sharp" ones, effectively deleting the control points, rather than adjusting the control points without removing them.

It's a little thing, but it is a thing.

It also doesn't provide for other functionality such as the bisection feature I listed.

54 minutes ago, fde101 said:

Not quite exactly - this converts the end points to "sharp" ones, effectively deleting the control points, rather than adjusting the control points without removing them.

It's a little thing, but it is a thing.

It also doesn't provide for other functionality such as the bisection feature I listed.

Thanks for correcting that. You're quite right.