You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity iOS suite - current stability

Hi, I did purchase the all-inclusive V2 upgrade license a while ago and while I've installed the desktop apps and so far run fine on my M1 Mac (thank heavens), I still keep v1 versions of Photo and Designer on my iPad Pro (2018 version). I've read enough complaints of crashes and bugs to be concerned about replacing my V1 versions with the new V2 ones for the time being. What I'm looking for is some assurance on whether these bugs are still a thing or are the 2.x iOS versions already stable enough to install without worries. Will try with Publisher (which I didn't have before on the iPad) to test performance.

3 hours ago, Alzamon.art said:

What I'm looking for is some assurance on whether these bugs are still a thing or are the 2.x iOS versions already stable enough to install without worries. Will try with Publisher (which I didn't have before on the iPad) to test performance

There are a number of bugs yet to be addressed that cause the apps in the suite to crash. Developers are aware of the issues and no doubt working to resolve them. 🙂

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

12 hours ago, Alzamon.art said:

I've read enough complaints of crashes and bugs to be concerned about replacing my V1 versions with the new V2 ones for the time being

Perfectly understandable but the version 2 apps do not replace the version 1 apps, they install alongside them.

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.