You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

eps import bug

Has to do with the Mitre value in the Strokes panel. I don't know if the default value of 1.4 or 1.5 is being applied to the stroke on the imported EPS file instead of a needed much higher value. Could be that EPS does not "know" about the Mitre value from the Affinity suite.

Try setting the value higher in Designer and re-export. Or you may need to remember to check the EPS (which is a file format no longer allowed in some Microsoft applications).

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi!, I understand what you are saying, I exported the file from Affinity in eps to send it to print in vector (because the print service accept it) and that it can be edited in another program, maintaining the highest quality without raster it. When I reimport it back into Affinity to see the result the lines look like this. I will have to be careful so that the design comes out as it was done in Affinity, but when you import it into another software like Adobe illustrator it looks good, and it's curious that the software where I make the illustration can't preserve it's self line style.

I think this is a problem, not because of me that I have noticed but because someone could share an illustration with another and that other could be use the Affinity suite and when reimporting it change these drawing finishes.

• 2 weeks later...