You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher crashes on opening document

poleeto

ipad with ipadios 16.1
Publisher 2.0.3

I‘ve been working on a file (created on ipad) without any problems - yesterday I‘ve updated A-Pub via apple app store, the new version is always crashing when opening the existing file. Is anybody else experiencing this issue/bug?
No changes were done in the file just the app update.

The file works fine on the mac version.

Edited by poleeto

Hi Jon, thanks for your answer - I've uploaded the file.

I found out that when I delete all placed/linked graphics I can open the file on the iPad. But when I replace them - via iPad or via Desktop - the iPad app crashes on opening the document. When I replace them on the iPad App I can work on the file as long as the file is open as soon as I once leave the file and go to the start screen I can't open it again due to the crashing app.

Working on the file via desktop version works properly.

The file is saved on my iCloud so are the linked files. File is stored in a folder called Affinity Publisher and the linked files are stored in the folder autogenerated by the Designer and Photo App.

• Staff

Thanks, I thought I was going to need to ask for the linked files to also be sent but even without them this is crashing when opening on iPad.

I'm also finding that opening resource manager when opening this on Mac is triggering a crash.

I've logged this, thanks for the report

If you link your files locally, or embed them (when you've opened it without a crash) is that preventing a crash when opening it back on the iPad?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build we believe this problem no longer occurs, but it may be that you had individual problem. If your problem still occurs (and you are not the OP [Original Poster]) please create a new bug thread and then post here with a link.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 1/27/2023 at 7:27 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build we believe this problem no longer occurs, but it may be that you had individual problem. If your problem still occurs (and you are not the OP [Original Poster]) please create a new bug thread and then post here with a link.

Hi Patrick thanks for your info. The release 2.0.4 fixes the problem for me, I can work on my file without crashes. Thanks for the fix.