You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colors printing too dark after version 2.0.3 update

I believe that's the version, that it's 2.0.3 is what it said. I apologize, I'm new to Affinity. I used to use Photoshop when I was in college a long time ago. I'm not familiar with a lot of the new tech and options, so please assume I know next to nothing. I have been using Affinity Designer 2 for a couple weeks. I kept putting off the newest update, just because I didn't want to wait. Then tonight, I just updated it, and now when I print red, like straight red, it comes out like a dark brownish orange. And the orange jpegs I put in there are printing dark brownish too. A day or two ago, I printed something with orange just fine, it's just since I updated to the new version. Please help, it's super annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. I tried to look it up online, but it was talking about color profiles on one page and I have no idea what that is. It did not mention anything about my color profile when I created this new file.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, DWright said:

Are you still encountering this issue with the 2.0.4 update, if you are can you please confirm the colour profile that you are using in the document and the export settings that you are using.

Hello! Thank you for your answer. I meddled around with settings and restarted the computer and suddenly the problem was gone. I couldn't reproduce it so I think it was a simple hickup with settings. 

DWright yes I'm still having this problem. I'm not sure which profile you mean, there are a lot of them. the RGB color profile says Canon IJ color printer profile 2005, and I don't know how to check the export setting. Also I tried the 2.0.4 update, restarted my computer, and am still having those problems.