You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Parametric vector instances

I just bought affinity designer and photo, great work.

Your roadmap looks cool, very solid and useful stuff, but I want to bring up something that will take things to the next level, something you guys would definitely be capable of.

A lot of repetitive tasks need doing, either driven by data or repeated basic transforms. Being able to instance duplicate vectors with transforms applied would be ridiculously useful for lots of tasks. Very complicated tasks can be achieved and then re-generated and changed and applied to different data sets. Think of everything from creating a data visualisations to bar graph of data points to creating very complicated artwork from basic shapes. The instance destinations would remain locked, so editing the original shape would change all instances, but then the ability to freeze the  instancing would then "render" the shapes to actual editable vectors for fine tuning, or possible then re-instancing and transforming to create even more complicated shapes.

Having a scripting language is fine for me as I'm a programmer, but if you guys wanted a more "designer friendly" approach then check out this: