You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AFFINITY PHOTO V2.0.3 : export PDF and SVG getting wong

Hello.

I've got an issue with exporting to PDF and SVG : some effects are no longer present in the created file. During the preview of the export no problem detected, but when I open the file, I notice that some effects are no longer present.

I don't understand why I have this problem, is it a bug of the app? Or is there a way to solve the problem?

Thanks in advance for your help and response.

third picture : PDF

fourth picture : SVG

image.png

Affiche dans affinity.png

RENDU PDF.png

rendu SVG.png

Edited by Sam LaGargouille

Newbie - beta tester

• Ordinateur 1 : i7 7700K - 16 Go RAM -GC : Nvida 1060 6 Go - OS : Windows 10 Pro
  • Ordinateur 2 : i5-10210U - 16 Go RAM - INTEL UHD graphics - OS : Windows 11 Pro
  • Software : Suite affinity V2.1

Well i've tried to figured out, it's seems is kind of profile issues for the pdf,  i've resolved the problem with select "convertir les espaces colométriques"

No solution found for the SVG issue.

If you have any leads.

Newbie - beta tester

• Ordinateur 1 : i7 7700K - 16 Go RAM -GC : Nvida 1060 6 Go - OS : Windows 10 Pro
  • Ordinateur 2 : i5-10210U - 16 Go RAM - INTEL UHD graphics - OS : Windows 11 Pro

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @Sam LaGargouille,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

Can you please confirm for me;

• What settings are you using when exporting to SVG? 
  • Which application are you opening the exported SVG in, that displays in this manner?
  • What colour profile is in use for your document within Affinity?

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi, no problem for the delay : so many complains since the V2's release, it's difficult to be everywhere.😺 And I' didn't really need an a quick answer, just want to figure out  what did happen

- I used the default export settings, i've trying to change some settings, but same issue

- For applications : Photoshop CS6 : don't open, web browsers :like Firefox, Brave, Chrome, Edge => some effects missing like the picture i've posted.

- colour  profile of working document RVB/8 sRGB IEC61966-2.1

I try again today to open the SVG file : in Affinity photo and designer 2.0.4, looks good, in WEB Browser the transparency is now here but the color is wronw, , more yellow

Newbie - beta tester

• Staff

Thanks for confirming that for me - I'd like to request a copy of both the Affinity document and the exported SVG file in order to investigate further.

Can you please upload these documents to the below link for me:

https://www.dropbox.com/request/8vmKSmS8TSLxB3dAfb7f

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. 

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Many thanks for providing these for me and my apologies for the delayed reply!

I've been able to replicate the issues in your file when exporting to SVG and I have made a few changes which now allow for this file to export to SVG as expected.

I will be returning the file to your email via Dropbox now, I hope this helps :)

Please note -

Many thanks!