You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I'm not sure what I did, but how do I clean my desktop?

I was working in affinity publisher I usually just save as. I think I misclicked something and now my desktop is a huge mess and when I try cleaning it- it messes with my resource manager and all the pictures look blurry, I need help making things the way they were beforeimage.thumb.png.34f94d818cbca64c7509b6d34d6c9567.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 1.45.34 AM.png

10 minutes ago, reifygfx said:

I was working in affinity publisher I usually just save as. I think I misclicked something and now my desktop is a huge mess and when I try cleaning it- it messes with my resource manager and all the pictures look blurry, I need help making things the way they were beforeimage.thumb.png.34f94d818cbca64c7509b6d34d6c9567.png

Screenshot 2023-01-03 at 1.45.34 AM.png

Hi @reifygfx,

if you have your recources (placed graphic files) linked and in the resource manager you click 'Collect' APub copies all resource files into one destination folder. It looks like you did just that and specified your desktop as the collect folder.

If you then remove the files from the desktop APub does not find those placed files anymore and shows a blurred preview image instead.

Instead of deleting all those files you'd better move them into a project folder (e.g. on your desktop or whereever you keep your designs). Then afterwards you can relink to those files.

Does this stir you in the right direction?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Just now, reifygfx said:

Oh no that's going to take me a while. It does help. I guess I should be more organized next time. Really wish I hadn't clicked that. It's helpful though thank you

Try and see if you can get this sorted out. Those things do happen sometimes and you learn something from it. I did 🙂
If you need help with relinking your resources just come back.

Good luck!

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil