You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How can I add Affinity version 1 software already licensed to me onto a new computer please?

I need to get a new computer as the one with Affinity products on it is poosibly/probably broken.

The computer on which I am writing this email is just a small laptop so not suitable for the task.

Can someone inform me how, once I have got the computer, how I add onto it copies of the version 1 Affinity products for which I have previously bought licences please? It is possible that I once knew how to do this but if so, I have forgotten.

This would need to be by getting them from Serif in some way.

I seem to remember something that it is alright to do this within the terms of the licence.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

how I add onto it copies of the version 1 Affinity products for which I have previously bought licences please?

The forum should be already full of such advice threads, just do a Forum and/or Google search after the topic for Win. - Further I will never understand, why people don't keep always a personal external backup (...be it on an USB-stick, external disk, NAS, or some cloud storage place) of their bought software! 🤔

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

2 hours ago, William Overington said:

This would need to be by getting them from Serif in some way.

If you purchased from Serif then just go to your account at the Affinity Store and download from there. There's an Account section named Downloads and Product Keys.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Possibly.

I simply asked a question.

I remember that years ago on a forum about a particular brand of fontmaking software, where I sometimes provided advice, someone, not staff, posted a thread about seeking advice. A long time later I realized it had been a copy and paste from some other site, but I did not know that at the time.

The post referred to 'we" as in something like

~> Before posting a question we expect you to ...

and then there was this list of things that purportedly we required doing, looking through lists of things and so on.

I posted a reply to the thread along the following lines.

Please know that in the above post that the "we" does not include me. If I am online, have time to spare and know the answer I will try to provide a helpful reply without any precondition whatsoever being placed upon the person asking the question.

After some et cetera et cetera behind the scenes the moderator deleted the whole thread.

I opine that it would be most unfortunate if a culture of conditions needing to be satisfied before asking a question were to become established in this forum.

I had a situation where a student who was stuck said he did not like to ask a question as he thought it might be thought to be a silly question.

So i made two big lineprinter printed banners in the way people did years ago, there was a program that did it when one inserted text into it, and blutacked the banners on the wall of the computing laboratory.

If you need to know the answer ...

... then it's not a silly question!

There was a significant increase in the number of students asking questions and that helped them in their education.

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

17 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you purchased from Serif then just go to your account at the Affinity Store and download from there. There's an Account section named Downloads and Product Keys.

Thank you. I found finding how to get to the account from the forum non-obvious.

I found I needed to click on the word Affinity that is in white on the black bar at the top of the web page, then that goes to another web page and one needs to click on the symbol, located in the upper right corner, that has three horizontal white lines.

Then at the lower left of the new page is My Account and one needs to click on that and then a log on page becomes displayed.

William

5 minutes ago, William Overington said:

I found finding how to get to the account from the forum non-obvious.

I find that the quickest way to get to my Affinity Store account is to begin by typing

affinity.store

into my browser’s address/location bar. The store’s home page has a set of icons in the top right-hand corner, the leftmost one of which (head and shoulders in a circle) takes me to the sign-in page.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I find that the quickest way to get to my Affinity Store account is to begin by typing

affinity.store

into my browser’s address/location bar. The store’s home page has a set of icons in the top right-hand corner, the leftmost one of which (head and shoulders in a circle) takes me to the sign-in page.

The following link will take you directly to the ‘Downloads & product keys’ page (via the sign-in page if you aren’t already signed in):

https://store.serif.com/account/downloads

Alfred spacer.png

26 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Thank you. I found finding how to get to the account from the forum non-obvious.

Why go via the forums? You probably didn't do that for your initial purchase. Just do what you did before, or do a web search for Affinity Store or Affinity software.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

54 minutes ago, William Overington said:

Possibly.

I simply asked a question.

I remember that years ago on a forum ...

Well honestly, after four years participation and 1.9k posts here in the forum, I would expect that somebody already knows how to retrive informations about specific themes in this forum and thus to omit the creation of already existing xx repetitive threads!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

9 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Why go via the forums? You probably didn't do that for your initial purchase. Just do what you did before, or do a web search for Affinity Store or Affinity software.

I don't remember exactly what I did for my initial purchase.

I think I first started with the beta test for Affinity Publisher.

I then bought the Affinity Publisher licence at the reduced price that beta testers were offered.

I had a free trial of Affinity Designer but I did not get round to using it, so it had gone.

Later i bought an Affinity Designer licence at half price when it was on offer. I reasoned that I had previously got the free trial and not used it so buy the software and even if I did not use it straightaway it would be there for me when I wanted to use it. I  also bought a licence at half price for Affinity Photo at the same time.

After some months I started using Affinity Designer a lot once i found that I could get hardcopy prints of my artwork as one-off greetings cards from papier.com and frame them with frames from the supermarket. That is, cards marketed as photo greetings cards and frames marketed as photograph frames. Later I found that I could get A3 size prints of my artwork from Viking Virtual Print House.

William

10 minutes ago, William Overington said:

I don't remember exactly what I did for my initial purchase.

If you at least remember from where you've bought the Affinity v1 apps, aka the Serif- or MS Store, try to log in there and see your history (recap/comprehend) of purchased/bought apps. - You then should be able to download from there any previously bought app and also get your license key informations.

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

If you at least remember from where you've bought the Affinity v1 apps, aka the Serif- or MS Store, try to log in there and see your history (recap/comprehend) of purchased/bought apps. - You then should be able to download from there any previously bought app and also get your license key informations.

Thank you.

I know I got it direct from Serif.

I just do not remember the modalities of how I got it from Serif.

William

5 hours ago, William Overington said:

I know I got it direct from Serif.

I just do not remember the modalities of how I got it from Serif.

If you know you got it direct from Serif, you don’t need to remember exactly how you got it. The important point is that you didn’t get it via the Microsoft Store, so the Affinity Store is the correct place to look.

Alfred spacer.png