You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with photoshop documents

Hi,

I can't adjust the grid for the documents I created in Photoshop. It works for newly created documents in Affinity.
Is there a document property that needs to be changed? Does somebody has any idea?

Files attached

Thank you :)

Created in Affinity:Affinity.png

Created in Photoshop:Photoshop.png

Affinity.afphoto Photoshop.afphoto

Edited by Max1113

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Max and welcome to the forum. I think the title of your post might be leading to it being overlooked because it's so broad - if you click the ellipsis in the upper right corner of your original post you might retitle it to something like "Grid presets missing when converted from PSD".

I don't use grids often so I took this as an opportunity to learn more about them. The issue isn't with the file originally being created with Photoshop - if I create a new document in Photo, export to PSD, open it, and then save to afphoto, the Graph Paper and Parallel Perspective presets will be replaced by Icons and Isometric presets just like the document originally created with Photoshop.

Just for an apples to apples comparison, I changed the measurement system for your document created with Photoshop to millimetres. I'm not qualified to explain why, but if you change the first and second axis spacing from 32mm to 10mm then the preset options will change to match the document created with Affinity and you'll be all set.

Oddly, if you change the spacing back to 32mm the presets won't revert back. Perhaps somebody else could explain this better than me.

Cheers

900187045_Screenshot2023-01-14at12_37_25PM.thumb.png.63eed84ce4bea7f13e9162e22a354045.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Max1113,

Thanks for your report and our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here. We are exceptionally busy following the release of V2 and we thank you for your continued patience and understanding here.

I can confirm that the grid presets are Unit specific, meaning if your document is set to use Pixels as the measurement unit, the options shown here will differ than if you are using millimeters, or other unit types.

In the files you have provided, your Photoshop document is using Pixels and the Affinity document is using Millimeters - this can be seen & changed on the Context Toolbar with the Pan (Hand) Tool selected.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!