You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am excited that exr/floating point support is coming.  One additional feature that would be extremely helpful for us would be to support open colorIO (vs. ICC profiles).

In the visual effects industry, ICC profiles are hardly ever used (and can be a pain in the arse).  Open ColorIO is our preferred color management and if we had the ability to natively use the same profiles that we use in Nuke, Mari, and Maya then we would be miles ahead of photoshop with its confusing and annoying color management.

As its name implies, it is an open standard.  I have no idea how hard it would be to switch between the two different color models, but if it is at all possible it would push Affinity Photo forward in the effects field quite a bit (coupled with your support for floating point file formats).

• 1 month later...

I hope so, I (in my first post) will say that I would LOVE to see support added for OCIO. Any work for 3d or VR content or film work would benefit incredibly by included support for this, as their color pipelines are now pretty much completely based around it. In these areas Photoshop is a main player, for content creation - texture maps, etc - but lacks this key feature, and there's a huge pent up desire for something to replace photoshop in these areas. Adding support for OCIO would be a huge feature for these guys.

If it helps, I'm fairly sure I've heard noises to the effect of future OCIO support.

That would be awesome.  Right now we have to create ICC profiles that kind of match our OCIO profiles and it is a twitchy and unreliable approximation at best.