You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I really like “Continuous export” feature and today I have another reason to love it.

I’ve installed Skala preview on my Mac and Skala View on iOS. Then, in Export persona, I’ve created a slice from a layer enabling the continuous export.

Dragging on Skala preview the exported file, I get a precise live view of my changes in Affinity Designer (or Photo)  :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, thanks for that.  Would you care to put a little tutorial together?  

Still getting used to AD, but I've had a look at that tool and it's VERY helpful :).

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Completely forgot about this app. Thanks for the reminder. I've gone and created a very short tutorial @AffinityTV on how to get this up and running with Affinity Designer will work with Photo as well.

Affinity to Skala Tutorial

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/mystrawberrymonkey/

Twitter: @StrawberryMnky  @imAllanThompson

Web: mystrawberrymonkey.com  Portfolio: behance.net/allanthompson

YouTube: Affinity Designer & Photo Tutorials

I couldn't post this before (had to wait for the :angry: newbie posting limit to expire), but I actually got a friendly email back from Bjango's Marc Edwards himself who drew up some instructions after I pointed him at AD, and he put those online at https://bjango.com/help/skalapreview/affinitydesigner/.

Having said that, I note that @mystrawberrymonkey's video also deals with some apparently erroneous format settings which are rather important to make things work properly.

By the way, if you're interested in the reverse you should check out AirParrot 2 and Reflector 2 from Air Squirrels.  Airparrot 2 is basically Airplay on steroids (and there's also a Windows version), and Reflector 2 turns your Mac into an Airplay receiver like an Apple TV so you can project iOS output on it - but multiple devices simultaneously, and with recording capability.  I'm not affiliated with them, but I use this quite a bit.

If you need to present anything, all you need is a TV with an Apple TV hooked up and you can do everything else wirelessly - even from a (shudder) Windows PC  :)

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

Having said that, I note that @mystrawberrymonkey's video also deals with some apparently erroneous format settings which are rather important to make things work properly.

Hey, Not sure why that is as iPhone 6 is 326PPI but defaults to 144 in the document setting even in the video by TEO he has to choose x2 export at 144 for it to work, Bjano got in touch with me and said 72 works as well not tried it but either way for this to work, the correct the settings need to be put in place. Another bit of confusion is DPI vs PPI there is a whole world of debates about that.

Would love to see a whole set of Artboards work with this app. For example if your mobile design has 5 pages to it you could export and preview all pages by swiping on the mobile device.

Allan

About me: Trainer at Apple, Freelance Video Editor, Motion Graphics Artist, Website Designer, Photographer. Yes I like creating things!!!

Mee to :)

One solution is to create a document 2/3/4 times as wide. For example iPhone 6 is 750px in width, I create a document 1500x1334 the height is still the same and that in turn would give me 4 pages in Skala.. not ideal but a workaround if needed for a preview. 

Allan

post-9020-0-46227300-1455552486_thumb.png