You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

macOS 13.1, 2.0.0 reproducible crash when trying to open develop persona

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, DrainBead said:

One month later and this is persisting with Affinity Photo 2 2.0.4 without any response form Serif.

Just to let you know I can't reproduce it. I'm on a MacOSX 13.2 Ventura working in Affinity Photo.

I've just opened an image and jumped to the Develop Persona without any issue.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, DrainBead said:

For what it's worth, this crash is still 100 % reproducible on macOS 13.2.1 and Affinity Photo 2.0.4.326

Sorry to hear that.

This needs to be looked at by the support team then.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

• Staff

Can you recall changing anything around the time when the crash started occurring ? It maybe a screen layout chnage or installing a 3rd party piece of software?

Can you create a a new file, add a pixel layer then switch to the develop persona ?

A couple of other things to try :-

• Use the OpenGL option in perfromance, Display
  • Disable Hardware acceleration

> Can you recall changing anything around the time when the crash started occurring ?

Sadly not, my initial report suggests it briefly worked.

> Can you create a a new file, add a pixel layer then switch to the develop persona ?

Yes, crash: https://bin.disroot.org/?b753ff63e50eb185#7cp1UPjB9BSXvqTGukm5bebnBRhRnVGCLUhDGrivZ31Z

Disabled Hardware acceleration -> crash

Switch to OpenGL -> crash

Switch to OpenGL (Basic) -> crash

• Staff

This is an odd one certainly not seen any other similar reports.

If you hold down the control key and select to "reset the studio" , then hit the clear button does that improve the situation when the app runs up ?

The only other things I can think off are to uninstall/reinstall - you may well ahve done this already
Try creating a new user profile and seeing if the app runs there

12 minutes ago, DrainBead said:

Sadly not, I am not even sure this ever worked after upgrading to v2.

This is a hammer approach but did you try to restore your Affinity Photo app to its original state by holding the Control key when launching the app. This unfortunately will reset all your preferences, etc.

Other users found that deleting the mru.dat file from the following location works for them:

/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo 2/mru.dat

• 1 month later...

😖 another mac, same problem, only it is worse. Affinity Photo crashes briefly after dragging an image into its workspace.
Now at macOS 13.3 + Affinity Photo 2.0.4.

Tried the ctrl + open dance to reset everything, but even that did not help.
Next tried deleting: /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/Affinity Photo 2/mru.dat

Still crashes (1 month): https://bin.disroot.org/?4a3744e4c409ba52#C7NfqVLHYEZtM4h63muxUYMTtME7gS5iAcUMFusa56ny

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/releases/0.6.3 has the following:

• Resolve 3rd Party Apps erroring on Metal with macOS 13.3
    • Applicable Software: Applications directly using Metal (ex. Blender, Parallels Desktop)
    • Applicable Hardware: 3802-based GPUs (ie. Intel Ivy Bridge and Haswell iGPUs, Nvidia Kepler dGPUs)

Installed 13.3.1 and OCLP 0.6.3 and Affinity Photo 2.0.4 is running fine again  🚀