You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot login to register product

Hello,

I installed Affinity 2 Photo (version 2.0.3) from Windows Store, and purchased a universal license from the store.

When I launch the program, the account window pops up on the "Register your application" page :

affinity2_register_popup.png.c80427ff9bf0085140e45988e4927fca.png.

When I try to login to my Affinity account:

• With a wrong password, I get the "Bad Id or password" message (which is normal) :

affinity2_bad_password.png.2d9a59ce6b0c10165a9ddaaefd9c0832.png

• With the goog id/password, there is a blinking window (too quick to read), and an immediate redirection to the initial "Register your application" page. At the end of the process, I am not logged...

This login loop redirecting to the initial "register your product page" is always reproductible.

So, I can login online (I verified that the product does not appear on my online account) but I cannot login from the Windows application with the same credentials.

How can I register the product?

Regards,

Benoit Courtine

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

I know they made some changes to the Registration process for 2.0.3 to try to improve it and fix some issues, but I'm not sure exactly what they changed. One thing that was a problem previously was using passwords that had odd characters in them. So, if your password is complex, and especially if it uses accented characters or unusual special characters, I would suggest simplifying it. Perhaps change it to one that has only upper- and lower-case a-z, 0-9, and maybe hyphens or underscores. If that works, you can change it again later to a more complex version.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Walt,

Thanks for the welcome and for the quick reply.

As you suggested, I tried changing the password. Unfortunately, the exact same problem occurs with the new password (only letters and numbers). So, it does not seem to be related to the password complexity.

Authentication seems to "work" (relatively), since the behavior is different when I use a wrong password.

Update: I still cannot login in the application, but the purchased license now appears in my online account.

So, activation has worked (even if I am immediately disconnected from the app).

Since my license is saved online, I think it is safe to unsinstall the Microsoft store app, and install it again from the Affinity download link.

I will try it and come back to share the result.

Hi, I have the exact same issue, both on Photo (which I installed through Windows Store) and Designer/Publisher (which I installed through the installation file from the official site). It still lets me use the program, but I'm not sure if that's 'cause I'm still on the trial period I think. My license appears correctly at Serif website, but I can't get them to connect in the actual software. I'm just joining this thread in case a fix is found. 

• Staff
On 12/30/2022 at 2:46 PM, bcourtine said:

Update: I still cannot login in the application, but the purchased license now appears in my online account.

So, activation has worked (even if I am immediately disconnected from the app).

Since my license is saved online, I think it is safe to unsinstall the Microsoft store app, and install it again from the Affinity download link.

I will try it and come back to share the result.

Hi @bcourtine

I've reproduced this and passed it along to development.

I would expect the Affinity Store installers to not have the same issues you're seeing, so I presume you're now sorted!

16 hours ago, Jk_ said:

Hi, I have the exact same issue, both on Photo (which I installed through Windows Store) and Designer/Publisher (which I installed through the installation file from the official site). It still lets me use the program, but I'm not sure if that's 'cause I'm still on the trial period I think. My license appears correctly at Serif website, but I can't get them to connect in the actual software. I'm just joining this thread in case a fix is found. 

Hi @Jk_

I presume your Affinity account is showing a Universal licence against it, or at least a single app licence for each of the apps you're trying to use?

If so can try the following please:

1. Close down all open Affinity apps
  2. Whilst holding down Ctrl, double click either Designer or Publisher (essentially the non-MS Store build of an app).
  3. Then tick 'Deactivate Affinity 2 apps' and click 'Clear'
  4. You should then see a sign in sign in dialog.
  5. Enter the Affinity ID details you've verified have a licence on our website with.
  6. Click 'Yes please link my account'
  7. You should then be able to run any of the other apps up and you should then be signed in able to access your store content.

If you're still having issues then I would suggest dropping the support team an email, as they'll be able to get your account details and investigate further.

Hi @Sean P, I was about to follow your instructions but before doing so I noticed all 3 apps now show the license attachment correctly in the "Account" tab on the start pop-up menu. I did nothing different, I just turn on my PC today and normally opened one after the other and they were all fine now. I'll try that if they "de-link" again. Thanks for the help!

• Staff
7 hours ago, Jk_ said:

Hi @Sean P, I was about to follow your instructions but before doing so I noticed all 3 apps now show the license attachment correctly in the "Account" tab on the start pop-up menu. I did nothing different, I just turn on my PC today and normally opened one after the other and they were all fine now. I'll try that if they "de-link" again. Thanks for the help!

Hi Jk_ I may be a little late, but if they're all showing as licenced and your store content available on the right, there is no need to de-link. :)

Just now, Sean P said:

Hi Jk_ I may be a little late, but if they're all showing as licenced and your store content available on the right, there is no need to de-link. :)

No, sure, I meant if it happens again (that they stop showing the license and prompts me to connect my account, but gets stuck in the "Try again later" message), then I'll try what you suggested. But so far so good. 

• 4 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "You're asked to register a purchase after registering a purchase when going into account" (REF: HUB-232) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1703/5".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.