You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 2 crashing after auto flow activated

• 2 weeks later...

Hi KJC and welcome to the forum.

By auto flow do you mean when shift clicking an overset icon to generate pages and auto flow the overset text to them? I have experienced this crash a couple of times but it wasn't repeatable after restarting Publisher.

Are you able to repeat this crash on demand?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 4 weeks later...

I assume it's just happening with this one document and that if you were to create a new document and paste a lot of text into it that it wouldn't crash when auto flowing?

If so, Serif may need to see your document to figure out the issue. There isn't a widespread issue with autoflow.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Yes, I have tried everything that I could think of. I've signed out of Affinity Publisher and later signed back in. I rebooted the computer. I've loaded .docx text, Pages text, Plain Text, typed in text until it overflowed the page. Each time after I press the autoflow tab, it shuts down the app. All the other functions I have used to place photos, for drawing shapes and writing text that does not overflow to another page work fine. I like this app very much except for that one irritating problem. 

Edited by KJC Produtions

Can you give us a screenshot of the complete application window, just before you press Shift+Click on the link triangle, so we can see what you have just before it crashes?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thank you for your message. I have attached the following: Screenshot of full screen before the crash, a movies of the manual flow of text from one frame to the other, and a movie of the crash. I also included a copy of the latest crash report to Apple. BTW  I have the updated Affinity Publisher 2.04 and my 2019 iMAC operating system is Ventura 13.2. I hope the attachments give you some idea of the problem I face. I do not mind manually moving overflow text to the next text frame. But I would like to know what causes the crash after I press Shift+Click. 

Before the Crash.png

Latest Crash Report.docx

Thanks.

Possibly Serif will be able to figure that out, but I don't see anything that might have caused a problem like that.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1