You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Keine Freude an Version 2, zu viele Programmabstürze

Hallo zusammen,

das arbeiten mit der Version 2 macht keinen Spaß, zu viele Programmabstürze. Beim Formkonstrukteur Werkzeug es besonders schlimm, das ist eine reine Absturzmaschine. Laufend kann man wieder von vorne Anfangen was man schon mehrmals gemacht hat. So ein schlechtes Update hatte ich noch nie. Den verantwortliche Projektleiter sollte Serif so schnell wie möglich loswerden und durch einen ersetzen welcher sein Handwerk versteht. Hier wurde ein halbfertiges Programm auf den Markt geworfen, nur um schnell noch beim Weihnachtgeschäfts dabei zu sein und abzukassieren. Das war das letzte mal dass ich mir von Serif was gekauft habe. Ich hatte schon keine guten Erfahrungen mit dem damaligen Draw gemacht aber so schlimm war es noch nie. Die Geschäftsführung sollte sich mal überlegen ob sie die Version 2 nicht besser wieder vom Markt nimmt. So ist das keine Werbung für das Programm.

Gruß Dieter

Optiplex wrote (I did an online translation)

working with version 2 is no fun, too many program crashes. It's particularly bad with the shape constructor tool, which is a pure crash machine. You can start all over again what you have already done several times. I've never had such a bad update. Serif should get rid of the responsible project manager as soon as possible and replace him with someone who knows his trade. Here a half-finished program was thrown onto the market just to be there and cash in on the Christmas business. That was the last time I bought anything from Serif. I hadn't had good experiences with the draw back then, but it was never that bad. The management should consider taking version 2 off the market. So this is not an advertisement for the program. It 

Affinity Photo and Design V1. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Dell Precision 7710 laptop. Intel Core i7. RAM 32GB. NVIDIA Quadro M4000M.

Optiplex,

I am using Design and Photo V1 for just a few days now and must say that I am not happy with the purchase. At this time, my work involves use of Alpha Channels. I have worked with Photoshop as a graphic designer and art director full time for over 30 years. I have a copy of Photoshop 5. Not CS5 and I do have CS2. The implementation of Alpha Channels in PS5 is simple, straight forward and I can do everything faster than using Affinity Photo. But I am still learning. While I have come pretty close to figuring a pretty good technique with AP, the process is overly complex and confusing - Pixel Layers and CMYK Channels popping up for seemingly no reason. Inability to easily draw and paint on Alpha Channels. Sometimes I am able to select and change things and sometimes not. Unfortunately, I don’t have time do a proper Quality Assurance testing and fully document all the issues I have found. To get actual work done, I will probably use my ancient version of PS but will still keep trying with with AP. I was going to try GIMP but I need CMYK and GIMP is only RGB.

Fortunately the cost of Affinity was low and I have accepted that not all my decisions will be right. Based on personal experience and all the bug reports I have found in this forum, I will not be upgrading just to have the same bugs passed along from version to version.

Affinity Photo and Design V1. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Dell Precision 7710 laptop. Intel Core i7. RAM 32GB. NVIDIA Quadro M4000M.

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hallo @Optiplex,

Vielen Dank für Ihren Beitrag und unsere aufrichtige Entschuldigung für die verspätete Antwort hier. Wir sind nach der Veröffentlichung von V2 außerordentlich beschäftigt und danken Ihnen für Ihre anhaltende Geduld und Ihr Verständnis hier.

Ich kann bestätigen, dass wir seither einige Updates für Affinity V2 veröffentlicht haben, wobei die neueste Verkaufsversion 2.0.4 ist, die die Stabilität der Apps nach unseren internen Zahlen erheblich verbessert hat.

Wir haben auch kürzlich die 2.1 Beta veröffentlicht, die neben neuen Tools und Funktionen weitere Fixes und Stabilitätsupdates für die Apps hinzufügt. Ich würde empfehlen, die Beta auszuprobieren, falls Sie dies noch nicht getan haben, wie im folgenden Beitrag beschrieben -

Es tut uns auf jeden Fall leid zu hören, dass Sie in Bezug auf Affinity/V2 so denken, und wir hoffen, dass die oben genannten Informationen unseren Ruf bei Ihnen verbessern können.

Hi @henryanthony,

Our sincerest apologies for the delayed response here - our developers are aware that Alpha Channel editing has room for improvements currently and we're working to make this easier in future updates. If you have any suggestions regarding this, we'd love to hear your feedback in the following section of the forums - 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/122-feedback-for-the-affinity-v2-suite-of-products/

If you haven't already, you can try a free 30 day trial of the Affinity V2 apps here, to see if they suit your workflow -

https://store.serif.com/get/universal-licence-2/trial/ 

I hope this helps :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

@Dan C Hi Dan, Thanks for responding to my concerns. Since my initial complaints about the software - which I think is probably normal for new users coming from a background of Photoshop - I have been able to get the results that I need the software to provide. Therefore, at this time I am happy with both Affinity Design and Photo. I have no need for Publish. Regarding Version 2, I am getting what I need from V1 with no performance problems which seem to be prevalent in V2.

As far as Channels and Alpha Channels, the implementation still seems weird to me but I have gotten used to it. As I continue to work, I may well find them to be advantageous in ways I have not yet considered. 

Thanks again for your response. Your level of attention to your customers is admirable and rare in my experience. Keep up the good work!