You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange behavior Transformation Origin

Hanjo

• 4 weeks later...

@CallumAs with the majority of bugs, this one does not always happen. I noticed two things: incorrect values in the Transform window and a stange behaviour of the transform origin. 

I use the move tool to reposition the transform origin indicator of a curve. I design mandalas so in most of the cases I drag it to the center, using snapping. Normally the Transform window should reflect the coordinates of the moving indicator, but its correct new values only appear when I release the mouse button. During the move the values are changing but they are not correct. This is very annoying when I need a specific location.

In some cases, and again only with curves, the transform origin indicator moves to a place different from where I move it to (also when snapping). My workaround is to group the curve because then I have no problems.

PS The other bug that I recently reported keeps popping up. I have days without any printing issue, but then suddenly the problem reappears and I have to export to PDF for printing.

@Callum, I don't want to cross contaminate posts but the issue experienced by @Hanjo sounds very much related to this issue recently reported, though possibly not identical. There is also a report in the Photo forum of another issue relating to Transform Origin which could also be related...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse