You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

From my few days of working in AD I believe that one can only making arrowheads in AD by creating a separate graphic and attaching it on to a shaft. The arrowhead can thus be manipulated as a separate part of a group. Is that correct or does AD have an "arrowhead maker" that I have not found yet?

I should add that I imported at lot of my Illustrator work. Arrowheads I made in Illustrator come out beautifully in AD. Hats off to you at AD who thought of all of us with tons of previous work in Illustrator. This makes AD more fabulous than ever!

For me, it isn't so much that the Affinity arrow tool is primitive as that it combines too many options into one tool, all of which need to be set every time it is used, making it cumbersome & time consuming for creating arrow shapes, particularly ones with curved shafts. That requires conversion to curves & adding at least two nodes somewhere on opposite sides of the shaft, & dragging the various nodes around to get the desired effect.

For that, I would prefer a tool that treated the shaft as a single stroke to which we could add nodes, but still retain the ability to edit the shape of the arrowhead like with the current tool.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I think I just deleted it. But a suggestion might be to make a document like the guys at Affinity did with a variety of arrow shapes on the page. You can then use it as a base master, and just copy whichever arrow you would like to use.  Not the best solution, but seems like at least one way to have a workable option.