You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Weird behaviour during selecting cells that were merged before + history bug while separating cells + bug resizing cells in width

joe_l

This table had originally 5 columns which were merged to 2 columns. If you watch the video you will see that there columns called A, D, B and E. But where is column C and why are the orders reversed.

Selecting cell by just marking them has to depend WHERE I place the cursor. See attached video.

History bug: Separate all the cells and you will see that the width of the table increases. Moving the History slider back to the beginning won't get the table to its original width.

Resizing bug: Manually resizing the cells to wanted is (nearly) impossible. Try the attached document.

Feature request: As you can see, that the table had originally 5 columns and this is still displayed at the control area over the table or visible, when you want to add a column (says 5 columns). When the cells are merged, why does the control area over the table does not reflect the merge?

mergedcells.afpub

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta

• 3 weeks later...

You have Merged Cells which have nothing in them, and you have merged that top header row again. Unmerge all the cells and delete columns B and C

1615647019_ScreenShot2023-01-16at8_45_54AM.thumb.png.731b16a664846fc3b3d5b4adf7ede1ee.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

15 hours ago, NathanC said:

are you aware of the steps to get the table into this state originally which then results in these two issues?

Good question. The above table was the result of an edit of an edit of an edit. Maybe I am able to find the origin. 🤔

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta