You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can you Add RISE, WAVE and FLAG to Warp Group?

Excited V2 Designer actually has a Vector Warp like Illustrator and Kittl (online vector creator)

However I am wondering if there is anyway to add the RISE, WAVE and FLAG warps to the Warp Group options?

They look like this in Kittl (built in Javascript)

These are the ones I use all the time and it would be great to have them in Affinity Designer.

Affinity-AddRise.jpg

Warp tool applies deformations on the object(s), while text on a path -- does not.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

This actually gives me an idea though.

Why not an option to sandwich text between two paths?

There could be a baseline path which orients the text as works now with just one path, and an upper path the tops of the characters are then scaled to meet.

The individual characters would then be envelope-deformed such that the upper and lower bounds of the character's shape envelope would be conformed to the section of the corresponding path.

With a little effort those can be created in AD using the Warp. I spent about 5 mins tops doing these.

flag-riseWarps.png

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Ron P. said:

With a little effort those can be created in AD using the Warp. I spent about 5 mins tops doing these.

flag-riseWarps.png

Actually that doesn't look the same at all.  You don't want to obviously warp each letter shape. Each letter should be consistent to the one beside it.

The only thing that changes is the bottom and top curve.

I do professional Sign SVG. I don't want something that looks like I manually warped each letter.

For example this is RISE and FLAG in Illustrator.

Affinity-AddRise2.jpg

14 hours ago, NNN said:

Warp tool applies deformations on the object(s), while text on a path -- does not.

RISE and FLAG are Vector Warp, not Text on Path.  Text on Path doesn't keep the letters upright and in is a separate section in Illustrator and Kittl.