You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

T shortcut seems to crash frenquently?

jop

Hi Jop, could you try these tests?

1. Close the Text Styles panel and try again. Is it faster?
  2. Keep Text Styles open but disable hierarchical styles. Is it faster?
  3. Keep Text Styles open but disable samples. Is it faster?

I don't know if any of these will help you but there are performance issues with the Text Styles panel on macOS so it's worth a try.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

13 hours ago, MikeTO said:

Hi Jop, could you try these tests?

1. Close the Text Styles panel and try again. Is it faster?
  2. Keep Text Styles open but disable hierarchical styles. Is it faster?
  3. Keep Text Styles open but disable samples. Is it faster?

I don't know if any of these will help you but there are performance issues with the Text Styles panel on macOS so it's worth a try.

Tried one, couldn't even get it to not crash. It seem there are certain elements that I clicked on that will hardcrash the software no matter what. I'm not sure is it because of I'm trying to copypaste something from V1 over V2 that is casuing the issue.

Okay, so it's not Text Styles. Can you share the document in public? If not, please tell us it's key attributes so we can offer suggestions.

Are there linked resources? If so, what kind are they and where are they stored?

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in Preferences > Performance?

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

No linked resources, only text and vectors, unfortunately not able to share publicly. I copied the entire portion over to a new empty document, and still able to recreate the crash. I should be able to make a short clip and share when I'm free in the next few days.

Currently I have very tight deadlines to meet at the moment, and do not want to waste anymore time on fixing or beta-testing V2, installed back V1 for now.

Thanks for the help, will chat again soon~

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2022 at 10:58 PM, MikeTO said:

Okay, so it's not Text Styles. Can you share the document in public? If not, please tell us it's key attributes so we can offer suggestions.

Are there linked resources? If so, what kind are they and where are they stored?

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration in Preferences > Performance?

So the crash issue automatically resolved itself after I wiped every imported profile from previous V1 and did a clean install for V2. 

🤣