You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Do you think Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo need to be individual apps?

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo merged?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think they should be merged?

• Yes
    • No
    • let me sober up and I'll come back to you.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/31/2023 at 09:00 AM

Affinity have smart-linking between apps but have no centralised storage for brushes, assets, presets, custom presets or otherwise. Affinity are not looking at the apps holistically, so you have this disconnected feel, it's not seamless, flowing or totally cool. 

The flow of work between apps should be so cool its makes you smile, I honestly do not know why they have Affinity Designer  and Affinity Photo with a foot from each app in each-others camp.

Affinity Designer, mainly vector but partially raster and Affinity Photo, mainly raster but vector as well. What does make sense to me is that both apps be unified into a single app with a Vector Persona, A Pixel Persona, RAW Persona and then Relative Persona's under each main persona so Pixel Persona, would effectively be Affinity Photo with sub personas of duo-tone and liquify. 

Affinity Publisher is complex enough and distinct enough to be its own app.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Their respective "1st personas" are already unified under the hood. That's why the universal document format and seamless "File > Edit in…" works in the first place.
The split of functionality is mainly about focus, avoiding bloated interface, and also a marketing strategy.

So a Nay from me. Sober. :P 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

As a side note, your poll is totally misleading.

• In the poll title you're asking:
    "Do you think Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo need to be individual apps?"
  • In the actual poll you're asking exactly the opposite:
    "Do you think they should be merged?"

So… this only proves the ole saying that never trust a poll that you didn't manipulate yourself! ;) 

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

I'd come even further. When Affinity announced "Something big", I thought, they're going to introduce something like "Überpersona". You'd simply run one application and via Publisher, Photo, Designer personas you'd simply switch between fully loaded applications (if you bought them all, ofc.). So there would be just one HUGE "Affinity Suite" and you could work on one document using all features of all three applications at once. Something like the Studio Link overhauled. ;-)