You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity iPad - unable to log in to my account

Winoo1

Hi, i’m facing a huge problem. I can`t log in / register to my account within Affinity Designer V2 and Photo V2 on iPad. It never happened before update 2.0.3 . Since then i can`t do anything with my account. There is log in panel, but when i use my password, there is no reaction after clicking log in button. Literally nothing happens. Is it 2.0.3 bug or what? I don`t have this problem with Publisher. Ipad pro M2.

thanks in advance

I have a similar issue, when I start up Affinity Designer on my IPad it wants me to sign in. But no matter what I try, the "sign in" button does to not react.

But when I then use the "back" button it tells me I’m successfully registered, and I can start up Designer by hitting "continue". I can also start up Designer by choosing "not now" when it asks me to sign in.

A little annoying, does anyone know how to fix this ?

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same issue.  I have just purchased V2 for iPad and trying to register my account so that I can import previously purchased add ins.

I enter my details and click ‘continue’ but nothing happens.  I then click ‘back’ it says my app is successfully registered, I then click ‘continue’ and nothing happens.  I close the app, reopen it and click on account and get the message “Thank you for your purchase now register your app to your Affinity Account”

I tried switching off the Wi-Fi before opening the app - that didn’t work either.

How do I access my account to import add ins?

Do I need to uninstall version 1.10.7 ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 1/24/2023 at 8:36 PM, Chris1977 said:

I have the same issue.  I have just purchased V2 for iPad and trying to register my account so that I can import previously purchased add ins.

I enter my details and click ‘continue’ but nothing happens.  I then click ‘back’ it says my app is successfully registered, I then click ‘continue’ and nothing happens.  I close the app, reopen it and click on account and get the message “Thank you for your purchase now register your app to your Affinity Account”

I tried switching off the Wi-Fi before opening the app - that didn’t work either.

How do I access my account to import add ins?

Do I need to uninstall version 1.10.7 ?

@Chris1977 Have you managed to resolve your issue at all? If not, try updating to 2.0.4 and try again. If you the issue persists, please let us know.

I am having the same issue. I cannot log into Photo or Designer.

When I click on Account I see a registration screen saying ‘Thank you for your purchase’, I then click on Existing Customer Sign In. When I type the username and password I press the Sign In button and nothing happens. When I go back I see a screen saying ‘Your app has been successfully registered to your Affinity Account’, I click the Continue button but nothing happens. After a while I see an error message saying ‘Registration could not be completed within the expected time frame. Please try again later’. I click Continue and nothing happens, I have to close the app.

Slightly worried that this seems to have been happening since December and not been fixed

Edited by Trevaldo

• Staff
55 minutes ago, Trevaldo said:

I am having the same issue. I cannot log into Photo or Designer.

When I click on Account I see a registration screen saying ‘Thank you for your purchase’, I then click on Existing Customer Sign In. When I type the username and password I press the Sign In button and nothing happens. When I go back I see a screen saying ‘Your app has been successfully registered to your Affinity Account’, I click the Continue button but nothing happens. After a while I see an error message saying ‘Registration could not be completed within the expected time frame. Please try again later’. I click Continue and nothing happens, I have to close the app.

Slightly worried that this seems to have been happening since December and not been fixed

We had some issues with activation but they've since been ironed out. The most common issue is a firewall blocking the app from connecting to the internet.  Do you have any third party firewalls installed or are you connecting via a VPN/Proxy?

There is a firewall on my Virgin Media internet but; I've just turned that off and given ot another go but there's no difference. I don't have any VPN or other firewall. When I enter my login details and click Sign In it's as if nothing happens, the button just turns transparent when the button is pushed and it looks like nothing is happening, then after about 30 seconds a message pops up saying 'Registration could not be completed within the expected timeframe. Please try again later'. I've disconnected the ipad from the wifi and tried it and everything happens exactly the same way so I don't think it's a vpn/firewall problem as it's not even getting that far; it looks like the app is the issue.

I've purchased the Univeral Licence today and installed both the apps again after doing so. I previously had them installed and had purchased individual licenses for each and they were running fine and I was able to login. Since re-installing I cannot login. I also had Publisher on trial prior to today and that's fine, I was already logged in and it's recognised that my license has updated.

Any help would be much appreciated, it's really frustrating.

• Staff
On 2/14/2023 at 2:35 PM, Trevaldo said:

There is a firewall on my Virgin Media internet but; I've just turned that off and given ot another go but there's no difference. I don't have any VPN or other firewall. When I enter my login details and click Sign In it's as if nothing happens, the button just turns transparent when the button is pushed and it looks like nothing is happening, then after about 30 seconds a message pops up saying 'Registration could not be completed within the expected timeframe. Please try again later'. I've disconnected the ipad from the wifi and tried it and everything happens exactly the same way so I don't think it's a vpn/firewall problem as it's not even getting that far; it looks like the app is the issue.

I've purchased the Univeral Licence today and installed both the apps again after doing so. I previously had them installed and had purchased individual licenses for each and they were running fine and I was able to login. Since re-installing I cannot login. I also had Publisher on trial prior to today and that's fine, I was already logged in and it's recognised that my license has updated.

Any help would be much appreciated, it's really frustrating.

Can you try closing all Affinity V2 apps and then launch one of them  - when the splash screen appears you will need to double tap the screen and the Clear User Data screen will appear - select the De-active Affinity 2 apps option and press Reset. Now try activating again.