You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am working with Affinity Photo and Lightroom. I would like to save layered tiff or psd dokuments in AP, so that i can find them and work on them back in Lightroom. AP is not able to do that. So i have to save my pictures in afphoto-format. But now there is no way to find my pictures again besides from the Finder. Even the AP-own Media Browser does not show afphoto-files!!! How can that be? Is there a media browser in the market, that let´s me find my afphoto-pictures again? Thanx..

The Affinity Media Browser (& the similar Finder sidebar Media > Photos item provided by OS X) only provides access to image files stored in the libraries of Apple's apps (like iPhoto, Photos, or Photo Booth).

Only the Affinity apps can open files stored in the "native" Affinity formats (with extensions .afphoto or .afdesign) so you open them in Affinity the normal ways (double-clicking on the file, from the Open menu in the app, etc.). To work with these files in other apps you must first export them to a format (like tiff or psd) those apps can open.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi MEB! Thak you for your reply

Sorry, that doesn´t work in my case. I am not able to export a layered tiff. Which options ever i use, the result will be a flattened tiff. If  i export as a layered psd, lightroom will find it, but instead of the picture it shows up in Lightroom as a white frame. Is there a bug in my software?