You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Develop Persona: White Ballance Adjustment

Volker H.

In Affinity Photo 2.0.3:

I tried to change the white balance with different images (jpg) in the Develop Persona by changing White Ballance Adjustment Layer, but that doesn’t change the white Balance of my images anymore. There was no problem in doing so in Affinity photo 1.10 or Affinity Photo 2.0.0

Is this a bug? 

• Are you using RAW or JPEG, TIFF, PNG images?
    • This is known bug, Serif is working on fixing it.
  • It should be limited to the Temperature settings, Right?
    • With JPEG type images moving the slider does nothing
    • With RAW images, moving the slider works, as well as typing in the amount.
      • Spin arrows to the right of the entry box, do not work.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

2 hours ago, Volker H. said:

I tried to change the white balance with different images (jpg) in the Develop Persona by changing White Ballance Adjustment Layer, but that doesn’t change the white Balance of my images anymore. There was no problem in doing so in Affinity photo 1.10 or Affinity Photo 2.0.0

I am confused, you talk about Adjustment Layers in the Develop Persona.

Myself, I would just use a White Balance Adjustment Layer on the various JPEG files I have placed in the document. That way I never need to rasterize in order to use the Develop Persona. I can still resize the JPEG and the White Balance will still be applied.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

14 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

White Ballance Adjustment Layer

I missed that, thinking the OP was just referring to the Develop Persona. I still think that's the case. Wouldn't have the problem applying a WB Adjustment Layer in the Photo Persona. Running pixel, bitmap, jpeg type images into the Develop persona is destructive. I know there's already been a request to change that, so any image can be used in the Develop persona, non-destructively.

IMHO; I really, really hope that Serif does not listen to such requests. It seems to be leading down the road of unnecessary bloat, and more bugs to deal with.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• Staff

thanks for your report, yes this is a know regression in 2.0.3 that will be fixed in a 2.0.4 patch coming soon

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi friends.  Yes, noticed this bug too.  If you adjust the sliders, the effect is not applied to the image.  BUT, if you adjust the sliders and then uncheck and re-check the white balance box, the effect will be applied. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using that build this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon