You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please, make AP capable for this

So we could could compose things with depth  like in this psd example:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmv3nunfln2w7jt/depth%20combine2.psd?dl=0

Set auto-select to "layers" in Photoshop property panel  and then try to move objects.  Notice how the objects auto intersect each other.

Imo AP needs just a very few additions for this.   I am sure it's even possible to do in much more elegant manner.

This thread has not seen much action, but I think it has huge potential. In the near future, cameras will be able to capture depth as well as RGB (in fact some cameras can already do this, eg Microsoft Kinect and the Lytro).

AP could be ahead of the game in being the only editor that could use this info. Imagine being able to color adjust a flat RGB image with reference to its depth channel.

Its the future!

The depth info is just an obligatory image channel for any Computer Generated graphics nowadays.    Simple RGB + alpha approach  is so outdated.

And at least  to do same tricks  Photoshop can   AP just needs a single Photoshop feature really,  an ability to lock transforms( scale /move/rotation) in between layers nested within different mask stacks and image groups .  

But I would rather expect something more elegant like clone layers in Krita where I couldn't care about links and the soft would do it automatically.   Or rather a complete multi-channel depth aware solution  with automatic depth combine in between layers.

I know,  there are  node based tools like Nuke and Fusion to do all of this but they lack simplicity and convenience of a normal/ regular image editor  so why not to do one that could cover a bit more than just simple photo retouching and web page design.     

I believe there is a big market niche   for such image editor nobody have occupied yet.    And modern gamey videocards are able to do all those necessary calculations  with a speed of light.