You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Document config . icc profil name vs . icc profil name in folder source.

Hello.
I am a (new) French user.
Please, excuse my bad English.
Thanks however to Reverso translate for his help ;-)
I would like to know how the .icc CMYK profile is named - in the source folder - of the standard directory;

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\SerifEuropeLtd.Affinity[...]\App\Resources\ICC

which corresponds (in document configuration, "color" tab in my French versions of Affinity) to "Euroscale Coated v2"?

I can’t identify him.
Thank you.

For example, the profile config "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" must clearly match with the "USWebCoatedSWOP.icc" of the source directory.
But it’s not easy to identify all of them ! (And this can be useful).
Either with a similar name, or with a searchable reference that would indicate it.
Thank you for the answers !

Euroscale_Coated_v2.png

Welcome!

See the International Color Consortium website, you will find there many specifications, registries and informations about ICC profiles.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

56 minutes ago, Affinoob said:

Hello.

For example, the profile config "U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2" must clearly match with the "USWebCoatedSWOP.icc" of the source directory.
But it’s not easy to identify all of them ! (And this can be useful).
Either with a similar name, or with a searchable reference that would indicate it.
Thank you for the answers !

As far as I know, the Affinity programs use the color profiles of the operating system.  The color profile files in the resources directory are probably a backup in case the profiles are not available in the Windows color profile directory.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

It could be IEC_CMYK.icc or CIE_CMYK.icc... Or one CoatedFOGRA  Or not...

Thanks for the links, but i don't find Euroscale Coated v2. Neither on http://www.eci.org/

1 hour ago, Komatös said:

As far as I know, the Affinity programs use the color profiles of the operating system.

Affinity install specific .icc profil on his own repertories for Affinity softwares.

Find all .icc profil on my system is really easy for me.

But, none is called Euroscale Coated v2...

53 minutes ago, Affinoob said:

Thanks for the links, but i don't find Euroscale Coated v2. Neither on http://www.eci.org/

See:

You can (may want to) translate the website or text parts of it into french via Google translate!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Windows10, icc profiles are in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color and C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Resources\icc

Looking at EuroscaleCoated.icc with a hex editor you'll see it's V2,

image.png.478ab773d9eeb6348539e32050867d06.png

nothing is easy

ICCprofiles.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Nice ! 🙂

But (very strange) EuroscaleCoated.icc is not referenced on theses folders... None Euroscale in all my system !

But Affinity export and config display it well...

545 KB = 545 Ko

If i look the size in you repertories (545KB), here mine 545 Ko .icc (on my system) :

image.png.063342ad43428be1c6caffabf77302c3.png

If i look (in all my system) the name .icc starting by E / e :

image.png.64563a75f5ddf3138afb35491622e971.png

😅 

I edit a CMYK .tiff with Euroscale Coated v2 .icc include : the file weight is : 1199 Ko

I edit the same .tiff without including .icc Euroscale Coated v2 : the file weight is : 655 Ko
1199 Ko - 655 Ko = 544 Ko that confirm well my invisible Euroscale Coated v2 weight on my system = 545 Ko

But he's not named EuroscaleCoated.icc...

This is very difficult for me, I struggle with 3 channels RGB/RVB, so CMYK/CMJN is anathema to me, however,
I have just produced a tif file with EuroscaleCoated.icc embedded then I extracted it with this command
exiftool -icc_profile -b -w icc P9190305.tif
the extracted profile is identical to the one in C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color - copy attached. Have fun!

EuroscaleCoated.zip

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

Bonus, to get the profile in the image do

exiftool -profiledescription P9190305.tif

Mine showed
Profile Description             : Euroscale Uncoated v2