You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For how long will Serif support downloading of version 1 Affinity software please?

It can sometimes happen that, due to a computer breakdown, a customer of Serif needs to load a new copy of one or more Affinity version 1 programs, for which the customer has bought a licence some time ago, onto a new computer.

For how long will Serif support downloading of version 1 Affinity software please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

Serif has not said anything about discontinuing downloads for customers who already own V1. I suppose that will happen someday, but I doubt they have any information to provide about when that might be.

Personally, I try to ensure that the system backups I maintain also have a copy of the application installers, in case I ever need them and can't get them from the vendor for some reason.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Yes, well backing up the .exe files is a very good idea.

Alas, (I know, I know 😀 ) I have a problem with the computer upon which Affinity software is loaded.

A thread about my computer problem in Alfred's Serif Users' Forum

It may well result in a new computer being needing to be purchased, yet not on Boxing Day or until businesses settle after the start of the New Year and depending on the weather too in practice.

Off-topic link to a different thread in Alfred's Serif Users' forum for anyone who wants to have a look

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

Customers who purchased V1 directly from the Serif Affinity Store can still access the download files via their store account. Users who purchased the V1 versions from the Microsoft Store should be able to download the old versions from their library. I can't say what the availability is for macOS and iOS. But it should be similar.

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!