You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Were is the program V2 installed?

1. Were is the .exe file from V2 installed?
  2. Were are all personal settingS from V2 stored?

Were is the .exe file from V2 installed?
I've serious problems assigning functions to programs like my wacom since I installed V2. (Photo, Publisher and Designer)
I cannot assign specific functions to Affinity products anymore, but since I've V2 I cannot find this program anymore and cannot assign specific fucntions to buttons specially for these programs.

Were are all personal settings from V2 stored?
For backup purposes I want to backup all my setting and personal layout
Where are those stored? And can I put my backup back in case of a reinstall?

8 hours ago, v_kyr said:
  1. See therefor this thread:
  2. Probably in ...

-->  C:\Users\username\.affinity\Photo\2.0\

Many Thanks!!
1) Exe file in:  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AffinityPhoto2.exe
2) Assets and user settings in:  C:\Users\username\.affinity\Photo\2.0\

Within Wacom I could not point to the exe file (Access denied). But I did get access using a .bat file.

42 minutes ago, WMax70 said:

Many Thanks!!
1) Exe file in:  C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\AffinityPhoto2.exe

Within Wacom I could not point to the exe file (Access denied). But I did not get access using a .bat file.

My Wacom Tablet Properties finds Photo as an open application. 

This is all because the 2.0 products are Windows "MSIW" apps. Affinity is the first app that I actually use that is in this "New" format.

It seems that a lot of / most other applications don't recognize the format of the new program type and it's shortcuts. It's probable that the other software will have to be updated to get them to work with these apps.

• 1 month later...
On 12/25/2022 at 12:20 AM, WMax70 said:

Many Thanks!!

Within Wacom I could not point to the exe file (Access denied). But I did get access using a .bat file.

I'm having a similar problem. I want to set Affinity to Windows Ink in the Wacom control panel but I get Access Denied when I try to add the .exe to the list. How do I find/use a .bat file, as mentioned?

I'm using Windows 10 with an older Wacom Intous 3 tablet. Affinity does not show up in the Wacom list of available applications even when I have Affinity open.

22 minutes ago, palhil said:

I'm having a similar problem. I want to set Affinity to Windows Ink in the Wacom control panel but I get Access Denied when I try to add the .exe to the list. How do I find/use a .bat file, as mentioned?

I'm using Windows 10 with an older Wacom Intous 3 tablet. Affinity does not show up in the Wacom list of available applications even when I have Affinity open.

Have you tried using one of the other 2 Table Input Methods, Low or High Precision? I also use a Wacom Intuos 3, on Windows 10, and Windows Ink always gave me problems.

Anyway if you want to point your Wacom Tablet Properties to AP 2, then First; Launch AP. Then launch Wacom Tablet Properties. In the Application section, click on the + to Add an Application. This opens a window that shows you currently running apps. Select AP from the list. Done!!

I've just tested this with AP 2 and the current Beta version. Works like a charm.

wacom-add app-1.jpg

wacom-add app-2.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD