Sign in to follow this  
candacew

Deselect CMD + D not working

I am using Beta 1.4.2. The keyboard shortcut for Deselect All no longer seems to work. I have verified in Preferences-Keyboard Shortcuts- that this is still the active shortcut. This may have already been addressed, and, if so, I apologize.

Thank you.

Hi candacew,

If you insert a marquee object from the Pixel Persona and press cmd + d it doesn't deselect it? If you go to Select > Deselect, is it greyed out?

What happens if you hop back over to the MAS version (1.4.1) and try the same thing in there?

Even though you said the shortcut is there in Preferences, you could always try holding down the Ctrl key when running the app and clear the 'Reset Keyboard Shortcuts' just in case something has got confused somewhere.

Hi candacew

The ⌘ (cmd) + D shortcut (menu Select ▸ Deselect) only deselects pixel selections.

For other types of objects ( shapes, text, paths etc) you have to press ESC.

Is this the reason why it appears not to be working?

If you try it with a pixel selection as suggested by Chris B does it work?