You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity support forum is fail version 2 December 23, 2022

Kent Davis

• Staff

Thanks I'll look into it in the new year.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

@Kent Davis

Can I ask you what screen recorder software you used for that? 🙂

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.

A remarkable non-answer.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.

Ah I see, thank you.

So it is the built in screen recording software in macOS?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

@Kent Davis

I have investigated and the code is using go.seriflabs.com/affinity-support where it should be calling go.seriflabs.com/affinity-forum could change the former to point to the forums, but that redirect is also used in other places to (correctly) go to our learn pages. Fortunately, these forums are linked to at the bottom or that learn page. We will get the (macOS) applications corrected to point to the forums from that menu option in a future update.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon