You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stock Panel not working in Windows 10 Home (Affinity V2)

Ed_S

Affinity Publisher 2 V2.0.3
Affinity Designer 2 V2.0.3
Affinity Photo 2 V2.0.3

System One
Windows 10 Home (V 22H2)
Dell XPS15 9560
Intel i7 2.8GHz
32 GB Ram
64 bit system

System Two
Apple Macbook Pro 13 inch
Chip Apple M2 2022
24 GB Ram
Mac OS Ventura 13.1

The Stock Panel in V2 is not linking to “Pexels” or “Pixabay” on System One in windows.  
Works OK on Macbook.  Hardware acceleration On or Off makes no difference.

Stock panel works perfectly in Publisher V 1.10.5.1342 (still have installed on System One (Windows 10 home))

Any ideas?  

Already checked firewalls and and security settings.  No problem there.

I think this may have something to do with the Dell XPS15-9560 being unable to to upgrade to Windows 11.  So I'm stuck with windows 10 for the moment.  Something to do with it being a 7th generation intel processor or a problem with TPM not being activated in the BIOS.  I'm going to try and solve this within the BIOS and upgrade to Win 11.  We'll see if that solves the problem however, what I cant get my head around is why, Stock panel works just fine in AF Publisher V1 but not V2.  Have Serif built V2 specifically for Win 11?

Update to follow.

• Staff
9 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Have Serif built V2 specifically for Win 11?

No, Windows 10 is sufficient and that is not the cause

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Well no progress at all:

DELL-XPS15-9560... BIOS Updated today.  Still cannot upgrade to Win 11

Affinity V2:  Entire suite uninstalled.

Zone Alarm:  Checked and all Affinity products cleared through firewalls.

Affinity Suite V2 re-installed.

Problem persists.

I give up

• 4 weeks later...

I feel your pain Ed. Thought I should add my woes too.

I also have this problem. V2 stock works fine on all Mac suite but not on Windows 11. V1 stock works fine on all Mac and Windows apps.

I am also using the V1 stock and then saving and opening in V2 as a work around or using the Mac V2 stock, saving then opening in Windows V2 when I need to.

I have deactivated all firewalls and antivirus to no avail. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling V2 suite on Windows 11 too. 🤷‍♀️

Would be nice to have a fix (or just understand why this is happening).

@Ed_S @caribike @RichTeaBiscuit

If the search does not work, perhaps dotNet components are missing in Windows!

https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet-framework/net481

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/19/2023 at 8:50 AM, Tom Lachecki said:

What exactly happens?

I'm having the same issue. Here is what happens:

Choose "Stock" panel from Affinity v2.1.0 (Publisher, Designer, or Photo). On first use, the Terms & Conditions "I Understand" checkbox is shown unchecked. Enter any search term into the search field for Pexels or Pixabay. A brief half or quarter spin of the search indicator is seen immediately underneath the search field after typing a term and hitting "Enter", but no results are returned and the "Terms & Conditions" information remains on screen.

In Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342 and Designer 1.10.4.1198 the Stock panel search works fine. I am running Windows 10 Home, v22H2, OS Build 19045.3031. 

• 8 months later...
29 minutes ago, RichTeaBiscuit said:

Hi All, just wondering if anyone found a solution to this problem. Still happening to me on the pc. Thanks.

Could you give us a screen recording?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You could try toggling the I understand checkbox. And then you could try Roy's advice from the show The IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" meaning both the Application and then the Computer if the application relaunch didn't work. Then there is the problem with the internet connection, too slow a connection might not work. And finally do you have any anti virus software running?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Bruce, thanks for your reply. I have toggled the checkbox, turned it off and on again... both the PC and the app. I have uninstalled and reinstalled V2 of all the apps but alas to no avail. I have also turned off all antivirus apps and allowed all the Affinity apps full access to all services (when it is running). Running stock Windows 11 on an AMD Ryzen 7. I am fortunate to have the suite running perfectly on my Macbook Pro and my iPad Pro so its not a massive problem for me but it would be nice to have it working on all my machines. My internet connection is 900mb and is working fine so I'm still scunnered. I have all the V1 apps on the PC and they connect no problem at all only V2 doesn't wanna play. I am on V2.3.1 on all apps but none have connected since V2.

I think is is something to do with the PC settings. But wonder why V1 works perfectly... Did something change between V1 and V2?

15 minutes ago, RichTeaBiscuit said:

I think is is something to do with the PC settings. But wonder why V1 works perfectly... Did something change between V1 and V2?

I have to be honest and admit that I do not use the Stock panel other than testing to see if it works. It does work here on Mac OS 12.7.3 with some problems when my internet is slow, which is far too often. So I am out of suggestions. Yes somethings did change from when it was first introduced, but I am unaware if there was a fundamental change going from v1 to v2.

Thanks for a new word*; scunner I shall endeavour to insert it into my everyday vocabulary. Have to admit that I am more than a little surprised that it wasn't already there.

* At least it is new to me.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, RichTeaBiscuit said:

Did something change between V1 and V2?

Many things changed, but the Stock panel should still function as it did before.

My best guess is that you have some kind of network firewall application running, which allows communications from Designer V1 but does not allow Designer 2.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

19 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Many things changed, but the Stock panel should still function as it did before.

My best guess is that you have some kind of network firewall application running, which allows communications from Designer V1 but does not allow Designer 2.

Hi all, you were absolutely correct! I had switched off my antivirus/firewall (or so it led me to believe), restarted my pc and still no joy. However upon uninstalling ZoneAlarm and restarting the pc the Stock panel is working perfectly. I am bemused as to why it would say it was disabled when it obviously wasn't.

Regardless, I want to thank you all for your time, patience and guidance with this. It's made my day.

20 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

I have to be honest and admit that I do not use the Stock panel other than testing to see if it works. It does work here on Mac OS 12.7.3 with some problems when my internet is slow, which is far too often. So I am out of suggestions. Yes somethings did change from when it was first introduced, but I am unaware if there was a fundamental change going from v1 to v2.

Thanks for a new word*; scunner I shall endeavour to insert it into my everyday vocabulary. Have to admit that I am more than a little surprised that it wasn't already there.

* At least it is new to me.

Thanks Bruce!