You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AF Designer 2: Layer Show/Hide tick box missing in Layer panel

Alpew

I've upgraded Affinity Designer from V1 to V2.0.3 and I have (I think!) a bug.

When displaying the layers, on V1 there used to be a tickbox on the right hand side of each layer in the layer panel that when ticked the layer was visible, and when unticked it was hidden. On V2 and now V2.0.3, these tickboxes aren't visible. How do I get them to show as I can't find any information anywhere that indicates this is a feature that needs enabling?

I've taken a screengrab below. This is captured in Snagit and the red square is hiding the personal data underneath and applied in Snagit. I've highlighted the area where the tik boxes should be.

iMac Late 2013 running Catalina 10.15.7 - the latest available for the iMac.  Affinity Designer 2.0.3

Thanks

Alan

AD2- layer hidden issue.jpg

26 minutes ago, Alpew said:

@Pauls In asnwer to your question the panel sixze makes no difference.

@MikeTO That sorted it thanks very much. :)

Toggling dark/light mode or font UI size default/large fixed the issue for you?

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

the blank bar happens in all three apps to be honest, dark or light mode, shouldn't have to reset the studio every time to fix a bug.

think I've just paid £ 90 to be a beta guinea pig, half the GUI problems I see should have been fixed before it ever got released, can't believe you didn't see them while you were building it ...

descenders vanishing with large type and don't get me started on the prefs panel !!!

forgot to mention I'm on Catalina 10.15.7, 15" Retina MacBook pro.

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 18.43.37.jpg

Edited by diarbyrag
system info

• 3 weeks later...

getting really annoying now and having to reset every time is crap, does it even if I leave the panels to default when I open any of the three apps, nothing to do with scroll bars, have tried the system prefs in all three choices and no difference, got to be a bug ... ???

3 hours ago, diarbyrag said:

getting really annoying now and having to reset every time is crap, does it even if I leave the panels to default when I open any of the three apps, nothing to do with scroll bars, have tried the system prefs in all three choices and no difference, got to be a bug ... ???

Another potential workaround is to try resizing the width of the studio panels a bit and then resizing it back. If this works it may be a more convenient workaround until the issue is fixed.

Also, please try this. If this works, quit Publisher and restart. Presumably it will be back to hidden again. Resize the studio panels again. Once you have it working, save this as your default studio preset. Quit Publisher and restart. Does it open correctly now?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Alpew said:

Just updated to Affinity Designer 2.0.4 and the fault still exists.

For me anyway clicking  '> Window > Studio > Reset Studio' does temporarily clear the issue until next time I open the app.

After resetting the studio and setting things back up, try adding a studio preset - name it Default if you don't normally use this feature. I'm grasping at straws but maybe that will make it sticky for you.

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

The issue "Layer Visibility toggles won't show if you make the Layers Panel wider" (REF: AFP-5740) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.1.0.1742".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.