You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Preflight list active after publisher document closed

PilotBob

Hello

Publisher 2, V2.03

Intel iMac 27" 2017

After closing a document with a number of preflight issues, the preflight error list remains loaded. See attached screenshot. This behavior is intermittent. 

Starting a new document or loading a different document clears the preflight list.

Screenshot 2022-12-21 at 21.57.23.png

Edited by PilotBob
Add screenshot

Hi Bob, I've never seen that before and I don't think it's been previously reported so it may be a new bug.

Which version of macOS are you using?

Since you said it's intermittent, are there any other clues you can provide as to when it happens? I assume it doesn't happen if you open and then close the document without doing anything, so perhaps after a long period of editing? Do you switch personas while editing the document? Do anything outside of the ordinary text and object editing?

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Hi Mike

OS is Ventura 13.1 on an Intel iMac 2017 with 24 Gb RAM.

The issue is not strictly repeatable, and the "spelling mistakes" on the screen shot are all proper names or e-mail addresses. In the particular session, I did tell the system to  "learn spelling" on quite a few aeronautical terms. I've only seen the issue 2 or 3 times. No persona switches. A typical session lasts 2-3 hours.

No particularly odd edits that I can think of.

PB

Hopefully that information will be helpful to Serif. It's likely similar to another bug recently reported which you can see in your screenshot - the page controls at the bottom of the window remain active when the document is closed.

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• 5 weeks later...