You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Company Logo - Feedback Please

BHIP

hi @BHIP, you may wish to send a png/jpg of your logo aswell;

On my system the font "Kleymissky" wasn't found so probably the text didn't render as intended.

I liked the ornament+star design a lot though! well done!

-Fotis

btw. an idea for the affinity team (if it hasn't been requested before): For the cases where a font is missing, it would be nice if there was an auto-generated curve substitute of the text. Llike on PS: If you choose to edit it, it should warn you and then have it replaced with an existing system font!

I'm trying to keep things simple since this is not my forte. 

There is absolutely nothing wrong with keeping a logo design simple. In fact, that's probably your best strategy for success. However, I do have this to say...be aware of the scale of the logo. In the thumbnail of your PNG logo file above, all the detail is lost. The "name" is no longer legible, and the star shape is nothing but a tiny speck. The top of the ornament is almost lost as well due to the thin lines.

As I sit here typing this, I look down at the mouse on my desk and see the Apple logo that is still fully recognizable at a mere 12mm (1/2 in) tall. Just keep in mind that successfully designed logos are recognizable at any size. Otherwise, a great start. 

Agreed. It should be discernible from a distance. It is by attention to the large shapes that we can make this happen. These shapes are the positive and negative shapes of the design.

Tip: render it in black on white. You will see the shapes easier. Also, flip it horizontally. Artists have been looking at their work in the mirror (the analogue equivalent) for 100s of years. This helps us see the asymmetries of the design.