You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

another Alpha Channels in Affinity Photo question

hi to all and hopefully I'll find help here to keep using Affinity Photo as a pro.

I work as a Motion Designer and 3D artist and rendered out some files with "Object Buffers" in Cinema 4D.

I chose Photoshop (PSD) as the format to save the render and got for each "Object Buffer" a separate Alpha Channel (that I can use to make selections for example).

But I cannot find the exported Alpha channels in Affinity Photo!

I have discovered the "Channels" tab but the alpha-channels are not listed there ... or am I looking in the wrong place??!?

BIG thanks in advance for pointing me the right direction!

Interesting, when I use psd export (not in C4D) the resulting file is broken down (reflection, diffuse, surface etc) into layers not channels. 

Are they not there as layers? 

They're coming in as expected for me EXCEPT, the blending modes on the layers aren't matching up.

The layers that Pshop assigns Linear Dodge (ADD) are coming into AP as Screen. It makes a big difference.

Other modes are okay: Difference=Difference Multiply=Multiply.

I think I've read here somewhere something about Pshop Channels not being read by AP, but I can't seem to find the thread.

ALTHOUGH... I just did a test render saving as a psd (not the psd export filter which, for me, doesn't include a straight alpha) and the Alpha came in fine in AP.

thanks @

JimmyJack

for the useful inputs!

I tried out all possible combinations in saving a render to test if I get an alpha channel in Affinity Photo ... but no luck!
in PSD i get them (check attached img).
am I still to used to the PSD channel-panel that I don't understand the one in Affinity Photo?! or are the alpha channels not read/shown?

post-26867-0-05252700-1454587444_thumb.jpeg