You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: How to turn ". . ." into a "word" so that it won't split to the next line

I use three periods with spaces between them (. . .) for ellipses. I need to make sure that Publisher doesn't split it when wrapping to the next line, like leaving the first period at the end of the line and dropping the other two to the next line. I seem to remember stumbling on a way to do this, but I can't find it now. 

Can someone tell me the best way to make this work? 

Thanks

hi, you could use "alt-." ("." that is on top of the space bar) to get "…" as one character.

MacBook Pro 16 pouces (3456 × 2234), 2021 / Apple M1 Pro / 16 Go / macOS Ventura Version 13.4.1 (22F82)
+ 31,5 pouces (2560 × 1440) + 27 pouces (1080 × 1920) + iPad (8th generation) / iPadOS 17.2 + Apple Pencil + 

Macmini6,2 Quad-Core Intel Core i7 16 Go / macOS Catalina version 10.15.7 (19H2026)
MacBookAir6,2 Intel Core i5 double cœur 4 Go / macOS Big Sur version 11.7.7 (20G1345)

Licence Universelle Affinity V2 updated to 2.3.0

4 minutes ago, laurent32 said:

hi, you could use "alt-." ("." that is on top of the space bar) to get "…" as one character.

Yes, typographically that is usually the right approach. But with some fonts, the distances between the dots are simply too small.

Thanks to DeepL.

7 hours ago, ShadowOfArnor said:

the best way to make this work? 

Character panel > No Break
Save as character style.

apu_no_break_ellipses.png.f795e48b197f7f58f97ab84a38ae41d3.png

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

5 minutes ago, Palatino said:

I would not have suspected it under "Ohne Wechsel".

In der Tat eine seltsame Übersetzung. Müsste eigentlich "Kein Umbruch" heissen.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2