You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows 11 Color Folder Icons

Brian_J

Here are some Windows 11 color folder icons and some additional Windows icons I created. These icons can be used to replace the default icon for folders in Windows.

The folder icons were designed to match the style of Windows 11 folders, but they can be used in Windows 10.

My apologies to Mac users that this is a Windows-only resource. I hesitated to share something that can’t be used by everyone, but I’d like to make the icons available to those who may find them useful.

The icon ICO files include the standard Windows icon image sizes. Instructions are included for those unfamiliar with how to change Windows folder icons (it’s easy).

image.png.89b79e470e1aed40ac391e39140c5375.png

image.png.c8ec9ebcae2cd3e3264d4d3a765ebe58.png

Contents of the ZIP file:

• 38 folder icons (ICO)
  • 139 additional symbol icons (ICO)
  • 12 brand logo icons (ICO)
  • 1 instructions document (PDF)
  • 2 preview images showing all the icons (PNG)

Windows Icons.zip

• 8 months later...

Thank you so much, this is wonderful! I created a DDL file that you can use to change your icons in the same manner as you normally change folder icons in Windows, you just need to make sure wherever the .dll file is being stored does not change or your custom icons will have to be changed again.

<DLL file removed by moderator>

• Staff

@michaelraiwet

Thanks for the kind gesture, but for security reasons we cannot be seen to be distributing DLL files with all the security concerns that entails, (particularly as it is not Digitally Signed). I have removed it from our forums.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 months later...