You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello @Antonio Macias, and welcome to the forum.

You need to use the Document > Resize Document and choose the appropriate algorithm. See the Affinity Help 

File here:

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/SizeTransform/imageSize.html?title=Changing image size

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

49 minutes ago, Antonio Macias said:

Hello, good afternoon. I would like how can I reduce the size of an image - document without losing definition-quality?

I would say this is next to impossible.

Can you be a bit more specific:

• Do you mean bytes or pixel count by size?
  •  What file format is used (e.g. JPEG)?
  • Do you have example images, and a clear description what "size" do intend to achieve?
  • What is the intended usage of the image, e.g. uploading to web-site, printing, sending via chat apps, ...?

You can get smaller files (less bytes) by using file formats which support compression (e.g. PNG, TIFF, JPEG).

You can resize files to lower resolution and storage - but this always impacts "definition", e.g. level of details visible.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

18 hours ago, NotMyFault said:

I would say this is next to impossible.

Can you be a bit more specific:

• Do you mean bytes or pixel count by size?
  •  What file format is used (e.g. JPEG)?
  • Do you have example images, and a clear description what "size" do intend to achieve?
  • What is the intended usage of the image, e.g. uploading to web-site, printing, sending via chat apps, ...?

You can get smaller files (less bytes) by using file formats which support compression (e.g. PNG, TIFF, JPEG).

You can resize files to lower resolution and storage - but this always impacts "definition", e.g. level of details visible.

HI, good morning 

We use pixel.

jpeg

I want to reduce the size of a image of 1000 X 500 px  to  500 X 250 px  for to use to a web-site.   

My problem is that the quality of the image is very diferent and pour.

perros-250.jpg

perros.jpg

18 hours ago, John Rostron said:

Hello @Antonio Macias, and welcome to the forum.

You need to use the Document > Resize Document and choose the appropriate algorithm. See the Affinity Help 

File here:

https://affinity.help/photo/en-US.lproj/index.html?page=pages/SizeTransform/imageSize.html?title=Changing image size

John

HI John I tried in that way but always affect to the quality with a small size, thank you

How do you rate the below image?
900711114_Dogsdiv2.png.0492383753a7cb293312234045103b14.png

Actually, I used tone map persona to boost local contrast before resizing with bicubic. The source image looks very flat, not a good starting point for resize which reduces contrast further.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.