You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer V2.0.3 Can not set stoke.

jimmyd

What do you mean by “build” any shape?
How do you “put” a 15px stroke on the shape?
Does this happen with all documents or just one?

Can you share a full-screen video so we can see what’s happening?
(Please turn the application rulers ON so we can see the document UOM.)

Set the show lines as "points" as default, in preferences. That is, Edit menu -> Preferences -> User Interface-> "Show lines as points" checkbox checked, if that's the English translation (I have it in Spanish). In this version there is a bug with setting line width in pixels or any other  unit than points. So, use points for now (I used to use always points in vectors software for decades, anyway, it's that with UI web work pixels have started to be used). I am sure this is going to be fixed (don't know when, though).  It is of course very useful to use millimeters, too, for CNC works, vinyl cuts, etc. So a very wild guess (I have zero connection to the company) of mine would be that this will have high priority.   

This is according to another thread where this has been reported (if I understood the problem well, which I hope I did).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Thank You SrPx, after fooling around for a bit I realized I typed in 15px and got 62.5 px Affinity thinks i'm typing in 15pt and converting that to px. 62.5px is the same as 15pt and so on. Glad to here it has been reported and thank you and Gary P for a quick response 

Yup! I was only sharing info I recently read in some corner of these big forums, but I am very glad that it helped you.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Also, the Contour tool is affected by this bug.

Can't insert desired value if the the "Preferences --> User Interface --> Show lines in points" is off.
I mean, I work in mm as I do some pathworks for CNC, and if I want to apply a 2mm contour to a shape, I have to have "Show lines in points" on, otherwise the inserted value will be converted to points(?) and the slider will not work. 

On iPad it seems to work fine

Even the show lines in points is now doing the same thing. For me right now affinity Designer is useless. Hope a fix can be found Early in the new year.

Just tried to edit in Publisher, the same problem there. 

Edited by jimmyd
Additional information added

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Sorry that you have experienced this problem with the 2.0.3 release of the Affinity Suite. 

We have now released 2.0.4 on all platforms, and using those builds this problem no longer occurs.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, mliving said:

I'm running 2.04 and the problem still exists.

I can create and modify an outline with an existing document but can not with a new document.

This topic was not about not being able to create outlines, but only about setting their stroke widths when the units are not shown in points.

So, from your description it's not clear you're describing the same problem. Please provide more details of your problem, with screenshots and perhaps a screen recording if you can. And perhaps a sample .afdesign document with the problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1