You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparent background both Designer, Photo, and Publisher V2

See there too bright Transparent background I did ask them many times years and years ago.

Look at right side there is dark transparent background. Need to add custom color to become dark mode please.

Affinity Designer version 2.0.3

iMac plus iPad Pro too make sure add feature change color Transparent Background.

for Macintosh.

image.png.f3b7cd91d47f95cfa318964aee4b7b0c.png

image.thumb.png.8c1f26a0f5bd7e94d4f75754f9293ef8.png

1 hour ago, Kent Davis said:

too bright Transparent background

Definitely!

Need to add custom color to become dark mode

With Affinity v1 on Mac, it was possible to "hack" the app Resources folder and replace the default checkerboard background with a custom one.
Last year I posted a tutorial here: 

In v2, the checkerboard PNGs have moved elsewhere, they are now loacated here:

/Applications/Affinity [App_name] 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcocoaui.framework/Versions/A/Resources/checkerboard_big.png
/Applications/Affinity [App_name] 2.app/Contents/Frameworks/libcocoaui.framework/Versions/A/Resources/checkerboard.png

My "hack" still works:

aph2_dark_checkerboard_hack.png.477ccb85493471fe5bceba16290de517.png

However, do it at your own risk. 
You should not try this if you don't know how to work with Terminal commands!
Also, it has to be repeated on every app update.

On iPad, the only workaround would be adding a custom background layer.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

52 minutes ago, Kent Davis said:

I see not there .png.

Oh, obviously you have the Mac App Store version which now seems to be structured differently.
I didn't know that. I have my v2 apps directly from the Serif Store. (Also, the v1 apps were more or less identical in that regard.)

Edit:

Strike that.
Now I see at the bottom that you still have Designer v1 .
Those checkerboards are in /Applications/Affinity Designer.app/Contents/Resources/

Edited by loukash

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

59 minutes ago, Kent Davis said:

You notice "Colour" change correct word "Color"

Affinity apps can speak either UK English ("colour") or US English ("color"). That depends either on your MacOS setting in Language & Region preferences, or whether you have selected either language directly in Affinity's Preferences > General > Language.

I prefer English (United States).

I got right version 2 I show you other picture.

checkerboard_dark.png is apparently the one used in the Layer panel.
The canvas background is likely the one called checkerboard_big.png

Since it's the Mac App Store version, you can only mess around with its content using sudo in Terminal, or by entering your admin password on every edit, or by logging in as root user. If you know what you're doing, that is. ;) 

How about iPad Pro Affinity Designer.app ?

No idea. iPadOS doesn't allow much of "messing around". In any case, I've never tried, hence I literally wouldn't know what I'm doing, and thus I'll also take my own advice literally, and won't…

I am tell you know I am not good english and I do sign language very well.

MacOS already auto english itself because of United State of American.

Affinity Designer setting LANGUAGE: Default cause "COLOR" but change English cause "COLOUR"

Why not put feature code inside preferences appear password same as "visual studio code.app" and BBEdit have strong appear SUDO

Affinity should have SUDO too to change transparent background custom change color and size very easy is better SETTING than through TERMINAL.

iPadOS why not you put few *.png click popmenu select transparent background through SETTING add feature.

I made custom color transparent background both for Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher on iPadOS and MacOS both.

checkerboard_big_9.png.0fa2663c8a37c3acd8909f5e69ab4be3.png

checkerboard_big_8.png.924c5a235f55aace70e821e18eb9f1a8.png

checkerboard_big_7.png.f2c5804367e27b4707e38025628784b2.png

checkerboard_big_6.png.b2955afc38cce6dc4d3aebb1dcd01153.png

checkerboard_big_5.png.e3db2410a813d6d988de83913c88aa00.png

checkerboard_big_4.png.60daaef7729ef0792b25734ebb803b7e.png

checkerboard_big_3.png.805003a9a06e148bbaae43f859d2a9ba.png

checkerboard_big_2.png.563dc07510d690b7819a0d76ea432953.png

checkerboard_big_1.png.3d5e00d916223e0f2ae3b3aa000a81ab.png