You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Universal License via Apple does not show in my Affinity account (split)

Patrick,

I still have the same issue I bought the Universal License via Apple and it does not show in my Affinity account and I cannot update the Apps on any device. So I am still £89 down, I am assuming the only way forward is to right off the £89 as Apple won’t refund this and buy the license from your site directly. It leaves quite a bitter taste in my mouth and I must say to be feeling very disappointed to be paying for something twice.

Hopefully this will be fixed properly going forward as I suspect I am not the only one in this position and I would not expect a company such as yourselves and or Apple to behave this way.

i have used Serif products and they have always been very good, just disappointed in this case that I will have to pay twice to use them.

I very very disappointed customer.

Patrick 

As you will note in my Purchase History I have purchased the universal license from Apple it just does not work. 

A present I am not sure of the legality of the situation.

It does not show in my Serif account as being purchased either?

It would be good to get help before I have to purchase a second license.

Again sad that none of this was tested before release of the products.

I look forward to a reply.

ADD3FA8C-944D-4F70-8E21-6CE66FBD6642.jpeg

• Staff

@Ewart100 

Welcome the tee Serif Affinity forums :)  and sorry you are having problems using the universal license as intended.

Your problem needs it's own thread rather than reply to others or in the announcement, so I have split your posts off to create it's own support ticket . I am sure a member of Customer Service or Tech support will help you soon

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi @Ewart100,

It sounds like there's been an activation attempt in one of the other apps. This has in turn been logged as an unsuccessful registration across all of the apps. We therefore just need to delete this record.

1.   Go to ~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/V2/
2.   Delete the licence.dat and cs.dat files and the Receipts folder
3.   Relaunch the app you purchased the Universal Licence (in your case this is Affinity Publisher)
4.   Try clicking the Restore Purchase link at the bottom

You should see a 'Thank you for your purchase' screen. If you click "Existing Customer? Sign In" and follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against.

Once that is complete it should appear against your account on this page. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

If for whatever reason the Restore Purchase button doesn't work. Click on 'Buy' against the Apps V2 Universal Licence. Please ensure this is the same app and licence you purchased. It should detect that your Mac App Store account has already purchased this and tell you this and restore the purchase. If it is a different one you will get charged again from Apple. When you click the 'Buy' button for the one you've already purchased you should be told by Apple that you have already purchased this and do you wish to restore your purchases. Click 'Yes'. You should then see the 'Thank you for your purchase' screen as mentioned above. If so again follow the in-app prompts to sign into the Affinity ID you want to register your licence against. That should complete successfully and you should have the app listed in your Affinity account using the link above. From this point you will be able to sign into every other app using the same Affinity ID.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

Steve,

Thanks will give this a go and see what happens, I tried the buy again route once before and that’s exactly what happened I bought two universal licenses thankfully Apple refunded that one.

How do I get to  ~/Library/Group Containers/6LVTQB9699.com.seriflabs/V2/ ? Via the serif site via my browser? Apologies for not being so bright or is this on my Mac or ipad somewhere? 

I am guessing I need to go back to University and study IT to get access to this now! Lol It’s now getting quite funny as I looked on my Mac for the route and its not there, I bought the Universal License on my Ipad so have no idea how to get into the route on an ipad? Any clues? I can see the license number in my serif file linked to the photos app. 

I still have a horrible feeling that I will have to purchase the Universal License twice as the mistake I made was purchasing via Apple as there is an issue there, I suspect if I had bought directly from the Serif site all would have been fine.

Can you make sure that others are made aware and perhaps remove this option from the Apple App Store site until this is fixed.

It is driving me nuts and £89 for nothing is frankly on the scam level, I have wasted hours on this now and I am still no further forward.

All incredibly disappointing from a so called serious business, certainly there should be a warning sent out to all current serif users who are thinking upgrading at the very least.

As I say I have tried everything suggested and nothing works, I am certainly not risking buying again as last time I did that it just allowed me to buy again, thankfully Apple refunded that. 

So just not sure what to do now? Trading Standards perhaps let them sort it out, all I want is what I have paid for is that so hard? 

can someone please help me me with a solution that works.

• Staff

My apologies, the first part of my advice was based on you having bought through the MacOS version of Affinity Publisher, and not the iPad version.

The second suggestion however will work providing we use the correct app, so we will need to ascertain which one that was.

You mentioned having bought it twice, is this order ⬇️ the one that is still active or is it the refunded order?

image.png

3 hours ago, Ewart100 said:

Apple won’t refund this

I would fully expect them to refund an order from December 19th as they offer a 14 day refund policy. Unless of course it is the one from the 19th that been refunded and it is an earlier order that they have said they will not refund? If that is the case, we need to see that order as it is imperative that we know which app it was bought through in order to advise correctly how to get you up and running. Can you please clarify which is the refunded Apple order and which is the order that is still in place?

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

That is a print out of my purchases they refunded the previous one for so e reason, either way I have paid for the license and in the end all I want is for this to work so I can use the Apps.

As I say its driving me nuts as this should be simple and it truly is not and I have wasted hours on this now.

It is very frustrating and beginning to make me incredibly angry now as I suspect you would be as well.

I have followed the steps and at last it appears all is working.

Apologies for the Frustration but it truly has taken hours.

I pressed the re-purchase link for publisher and now the license is showing in my history on your site before it was not there.

So hopefully I can put all this behind me and get back to using the Software which is all I wanted to do in the first place.

Thank you for sticking with this it actually is appreciated.

Regards

Ewart100