You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export from Publisher v2 is f***ed

Yes, f***ed. I have to deliver a project to the client and getting this on the latest v2.0.3:

image.png.7fa3be13af20b12c2a58e043e7d0371d.png

Not very descriptive, isn't it? This window is never updated as well:

image.png.35200f1494ef5bd9a2b409ec0bf3ba7a.png

Lastly, to register on this very forum I had to spend quite some time proving to Google that I am not a robot, just a disappointed used who had a blast running v1 since 2019.

image.png.399d822ab3b4dacaa2b71ff95b5bb25d.png

Thank you for the v1, it was great. Off to Adobe I go. Bye!

• Staff
17 hours ago, longTimeUser said:

P.S. To their credit, Affinity moderator has approved this thread. Bold.

Mainly because you posted it in feedback, which seemed fair given your experience 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

As much as I share the expressed anger towards serif - and I wrote mainly cynical comments about flaws in Publisher in the last year - why would someone use version 2 for production right now? I mean - you can't go back to V1 with your files. Nevertheless, it's good to test it out and post problems - thank you! I've also bought it, installed it and looked at it. And use V1 for now. Serif will need some time to make it's homework, often too long for my taste. But that's all known. It's like updating MacOS on day of release. Good luck with that! I'm always one year behind and have not many problems in productions. Good luck with Adobe by the way, with this behavior. But I just read about problems, never have them really. So it's only 2nd hand knowledge ;-) . I'd really recommend to hold back with updates during and for productions, even we're not getting those new shiny functions immediately.