You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designers can't select directory to export

Sveto123

When I want to export files the browser windows opens and the app becomes unresponsive. It was a bug in v1 user MAcOS and continues. Sometime I can start selecting the path and it works.

To make it always work, I need to do at least one successful export somewhere on my HDD and afterwards I can select another directory.

image.png.1e70deaa3b5a2a34856e3b87167d0829.png

Edited by Sveto123
Additional input

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @Sveto123,

In addition to Loukash's query above, is this when exporting via the export persona or just the standard File > Export menu? There is a known issue with the export persona crashing/freezing the app in the finder window if you have synced folders from Google Drive/Onedrive present (even if you're not exporting to them).

12 hours ago, NathanC said:

Hi @Sveto123,

There is a known issue with the export persona crashing/freezing the app in the finder window if you have synced folders from Google Drive/Onedrive present (even if you're not exporting to them).

It is simply unbelievable that Serif Software has not worked on a fix for this problem in v1 and v2. Read what you yourself write! Even with OneDrive folders "present"! I wonder how many customers could be affected by this bug? And yet nothing happens from your side, NOTHING!

We obviously experienced this error - the export persona is practically unusable. Prospects of Serif Software fixing the bug or grasping its seriousness: minimal.

Affinity is unsuitable for professional or serious use. It is incomprehensible. 

1) You have completely wrecked the layers panel, Serif.

2) I recommend Reddit groups instead of this forum. Not the same few bot-like users replying to everything, a wider representation of users, fewer fanboys, more qualified users. In short, better!

3) I was here to report bugs and submit improvement requests for professional work professionally in a large setup and to bring a lot of knowledge from the world, i.e. professional product development, web- and software development, usability, user experience design and accessibility. I actually know what I am talking about!

BUT! We are phasing out Designer and Affinity in 2022 Q1 - and replacing it with feature complete and algorithmically competent alternatives.
Publisher is unsuitable for serious use, and was never adopted.