You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I see in the Help this image of modifying a star shape created with the Star tool. How is the node added that allows the shape to be modified as shown in the help file? I cannot get a jpg to attach to this post, so please look at Help/Draw and edit shapes.

Look below to see the screen shot. I was able to finally do the attachment after a few days.

Once you created the star and it isn’t still selected, click its shape either with the Star Tool or with the Node Tool, and you should see the three red points … the Move Tool won’t bring up the parameter nodes …

Hope that helps …  :)

Alex

PS. Strangely enough, file uploads are currently impossible …  :unsure:

I wish I could attach a screen shot, but that is still not working. The Help page shows extra nodes, and when one node is moved it curves all the sides of the star. I don't see those extra nodes, and I can figure out how to add them, and keep the basic star so the altered shape is reflected on all the points of the star.

There are three different star tools in AD: star, double star, & square star. The first has 3 red control handles, the second just 2, & the third just one. The values they set (plus the number of points) also appear on the context toolbar & may be set from there as well as by dragging the control handles.

Converting to curves removes all the control handles & turns the shape into a curve with individual editable nodes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create this shape with a tool instead of drawing so many separate parts and then duplicating them?

(please see the layers panel in the image to make sense of what I am saying)

post-31922-0-92103700-1488887507_thumb.png

Edited by Absar

Designer, Photo, Publisher   |   MacBook Pro, 16" 2020, macOS 11   |   @mrAbsarAhmed

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create this shape with a tool instead of drawing so many separate parts and then duplicating them?

(please see the layers panel in the image to make sense of what I am saying)

It looks as though you failed to attach the screenshot. Please try again, and make sure you press the 'Attach This File' button after browsing to the file.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Absar, if you have not already done so, check out the Affinity Designer - Shapes video tutorial. It shows how to create a huge variety of shapes.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7