You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture frame cross lines are initially thicker

This isn't beta or even v2 specific but why does Publisher draw the X lines for a picture frame as thick lines and then after a half second beat change them to thin lines? Does it do this on Windows, too?

It happens when drawing, moving, scaling, and pasting. This feels like a cosmetic bug.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

I think I have seen a probably similar draw problem. I get the X as being in the middle of the rectangle but not going all the way out to the corners. This is after drawing.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

38 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

why does Publisher draw the X lines for a picture frame as thick lines and then after a half second beat change them to thin lines?

Because you have a retina display?
On my pre-retina MBP mid-2012, the lines remain thick.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

3 hours ago, loukash said:

Because you have a retina display?
On my pre-retina MBP mid-2012, the lines remain thick.

Oh that's interesting.

I did more investigating just now and noticed that while it's less obvious, the stroke for all objects is also thickened momentarily when drawing, scaling, dragging, and rotating. 

I still don't know why it would do this because if you un-stroke the object then the stroke won't be thickened. I was thinking it might have been a deliberate design choice, to help you focus on what you're doing, but I'd have thought the bounding box for an un-stroked object would also thicken if it was deliberate. It just seems like an odd but very minor bug.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.