You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity suite not start at all

bajqo

Hello

I work on two places. Both with file server with all the data on them. When I was at first place apps start correctly. I move my macbook for weekend to another location and connect to my second file server and try to open affinity photo. Affinity photo opened bud instantly freeze and I get over and over same message that cant be connected to server (first one that is on first location). Affinity photo wont open file or cant even create new one. It is just frozen and I still get the same message.

So I tryed open affinity designer and affinity publisher if the issue is same but the apps wont open at all but with different message.

Please see attachments.

Notebook: MacbookPro 15-inch 2019, OS Ventura 13.0.1

Affinity Photo message.png

Snímka obrazovky 2022-12-18 o 15.26.21.png

Snímka obrazovky 2022-12-18 o 15.26.50.png

24 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Hi, here's another thread on the same issue. It might be a good idea if you were to reply to that thread and state that you're also experiencing this issue.

Sorry but this is not my issue. I know that other apps wont open becouse the photo app is try to reach server that is unreachable. The main problem ist that the app is try to reach server and freeze.

17 minutes ago, bajqo said:

The main problem ist that the app is try to reach server and freeze.

I am not sure if this will help. Have you tried holding down the Control (when starting the application) until the Clear User Data window shows up and clearing the Reopen Documents on Startup is checked then hit the Clear button.

There may in fact be an actual bug that this action won't fix but as I said "I am not sure...." You could give it a try.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

3 hours ago, bajqo said:

Sorry but this is not my issue. I know that other apps wont open becouse the photo app is try to reach server that is unreachable. The main problem ist that the app is try to reach server and freeze.

I still think you should mention your issue in the other thread which is already on the list for developers to investigate. There could be a common cause and developers like to have as much information as they can when investigating an issue.

You didn't specify this but I assume you get the server error when you try to open a document stored on that server. Will the file open correctly if you use Finder to copy the file to a local drive and open it from there?

Since you're using Ventura, have you tried using the 2.0.3 beta which fixed some Ventura external drive issues? I don't think this is related to those fixes but it's worth a try.

Good luck

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.0 for macOS Sonoma 14.4, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

10 hours ago, MikeTO said:

I still think you should mention your issue in the other thread which is already on the list for developers to investigate. There could be a common cause and developers like to have as much information as they can when investigating an issue.

You didn't specify this but I assume you get the server error when you try to open a document stored on that server. Will the file open correctly if you use Finder to copy the file to a local drive and open it from there?

Since you're using Ventura, have you tried using the 2.0.3 beta which fixed some Ventura external drive issues? I don't think this is related to those fixes but it's worth a try.

Good luck

Thank you. I will mention on the pther thread.

I specify that I work on two places. Place A with server A and place B with server B. When I try to start affinity photo on place B the popup window show message that could not connect to server A. So I cant copy file to local drive. I am on place B.

Is the beta stable? I use affinity suite for work.

Thank you.

On 12/18/2022 at 4:47 PM, Old Bruce said:

I am not sure if this will help. Have you tried holding down the Control (when starting the application) until the Clear User Data window shows up and clearing the Reopen Documents on Startup is checked then hit the Clear button.

There may in fact be an actual bug that this action won't fix but as I said "I am not sure...." You could give it a try.

Thank you but not working.

I am having this exact same issue. My company switched servers, and now that the old server is disabled, none of my Affinity apps are opening. Designer freezes on startup and eventually says that it's having trouble connecting to the old server. Photo gave a different message but essentially the same result. Need a solution please!

On 18/12/2022 at 16:47, Old Bruce said:

No estoy seguro de si esto ayudará. ¿Ha intentado mantener presionado el Control (al iniciar la aplicación) hasta que aparezca la ventana Borrar datos de usuario y se marque la casilla Reabrir documentos al inicio y luego presione el botón Borrar?

De hecho, puede haber un error real que esta acción no solucione, pero como dije "No estoy seguro...". Podría intentarlo.

If it helps, I fixed it by doing what you say.

FCCCD7E4-0E0B-447C-AC35-1F2415A7CAD2.png

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

The issue "Error when apps are first launched showing, prevents apps from opening " (REF: HUB=220) has now been fixed by the developers.
This fix is included in build 2.1.0.1709 (or later) which is already available as a customer beta and will be included in the next release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

14 hours ago, Affinity QA said:

The issue "Error when apps are first launched showing, prevents apps from opening " (REF: HUB=220) has now been fixed by the developers.
This fix is included in build 2.1.0.1709 (or later) which is already available as a customer beta and will be included in the next release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please make a new thread referencing this one.

Thank you. I will wait for customer release. I dont want any other problems with beta because I use affinity software for living and I have already enough problems with crushing while using export persona to export multiple artboards to external server.