You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Disengaging automatic resize in picture frames

Can you show us a video of it not working?
If we can see what you do and what you get when you do it then we will have a better idea of what’s happening.
If you can also supply the document then we can test the same workflow on our machines and check to see if it works for us or whether something is ‘wrong’ in the document.

Thanks for replying. The problem is very simple, a video could be misleading (or at least respect to my capability to do that).

I want just to resize the picture frame without resizing the image inside it (i.e. cropping the image). Sometimes it works setting the frame property to none, sometime it doesn't. 

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9

15 minutes ago, Gianni Becattini said:

I want just to resize the picture frame without resizing the image inside it (i.e. cropping the image). Sometimes it works setting the frame property to none, sometime it doesn't. 

AFAIK nobody has reported any bugs with scaling picture frames. I use this feature all the time and have never had a problem with it in v1 or v2. I'd like to see a test document of yours that has a frame set to None which scales the picture content when the frame is scaled.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Sorry, it was my fault. The point is that:

• in V1, the "NONE" position let the image still, or at least so it seemed to me.
  • in V2, the image is moved to be kept in the centre of the frame and in the beginning I thought it was going to be resized.

The solution is simple, but with my screen it was beyond the left border and I did'n note it: to get that the framed image remains still, it is sufficient to flag "lock children".

Thanks anyway for your help!

More than 30 Macs, from 1984 Mac 512K Plus to 2020 iMac 27" i9